MSNPC Andarys Ohain: Questions and Data

L B

Jul 8, 2018, 10:56:22 AM7/8/18
to UFOP: StarBase 118 - USS Constitution-B
(( Stellar Cartography – Deck 10 - USS Constitution-B))

Horne: At these transfer rates I'd guess we have about 10 minutes to transfer the data and fully integrate into the model.

Seir: ?

Young: Guess we just gotta wait on the data compiling then. In the mean time, we should get to know each other. Minister, you strike me as someone who is no stranger to the Sciences?

Ohain: I was a geophysics before entering in politics.  Unlike most planets that get there light from their suns radiation.  My home world gets its energy from geothemal activity caused by tidal flexing due to it’s linked orbit with Leron II.  My main area of study ways to harness the energy to produce more efficient power.  But I also provided guidance on redirection of lava follows and expected locations for mining important resources.

:: Andarys could talk about this topic for hours sometimes he regretted moving away from it into politics.  But he thought he could do more good there and he had achieved a lot but there were always frustrations. ::

Young: That's very impressive. Your world sounds like a fascinating place. Is it true that it's almost in complete darkness?

Ohain: Yes, our planet’s orbit means we are always in the shadow of Leron II.  It is a beautiful place.

Seir:?

Horne: ::trying to be funny:: Reminds me of most of engineering.  You know, dark.

:: Andarys looked at the officer confused. These sun based species were so different from what he was use to and he didn’t understand what they were saying sometimes.  Maybe it was his frame of reference or universal translated not interpreting correctly. ::

Young: If you don't mind me asking, what drew you away into the realm of politics?

Ohain: What is with all the questions? :: Defensively ::

Young: I'm sorry, I'm an overly curious person by nature. It's why regions of space like this ::Nodding to the nebula:: fascinate me. I want to understand why things are as they are.

:: Andarys reconsigned the scientist as a curious young man from his behaviour rather than appearance. He had no frame of reference for working out what age anyone was in the group from their physical appearance.  And as he was once a curious young man and there nothing to keep a secret he decided to answer anyway. ::

Ohain: I join polities because I wanted to be in a more inflectional position to change things for the better and help my people.

:: Andarys didn’t go in details about the starvation and suffering on their planet.  Their energy shortages and damage they were doing to their ecosystems by the way there were exploiting it.  He didn’t want to seem weak in front of these advance species.  He wanted to be their equal and show that the Linerans did have something to give.  It was hard enough for them to ask for help to find their missing ship but it so important to them. ::

Seir:?

Rajel: =/\= Crew of the Constitution, we have arrived at the Lembatta Cluster and are going to enter it momentarily. Prepare for a bumpy ride. Bridge out. =/\=

::  Andarys grabbed a railing with his gloved hand.  He had heard stories of what it was like to travel through the Diadem. ::

Young: How bumpy are we talking here? ::Thinking aloud::

Any: ?

::The ship rocked suddenly as if in answer and a horrible metal screeching sound assaulted their ears. The Stellar Cartography platform shook violently.  Ohain held on tight. ::

Any: ?

Young: What in the red sky is happening? ::He turned with a white face to see Horne on the Deck.:: Are you Ok there?

:: Andarys stood still continuing to hold the rail.  He let the others deal with their fallen officer uncertain of the customs. ::

Horne: I'm fine.  Pride hurts more than anything else.  ::Jacob picked himself back up::

Computer: Data transfer complete.

::Raven barely heard the Computer. There were a few more shakes which gradually subsided.::

Young: Is everyone else alright? Seir, Minister?

Ohain: I am fine.

Seir ?

Any: ?

Rajel: =/\= Rajel to Science =/\=

Young: =/\= Young here. ::Trying to keep the nerves out of his voice:: I'm here with Ensign's Seir, Horne and Minister Ohain. =/\=

Seir/Horne: ?

Rajel: =/\= Have you already been able to check out the Minister's data about the cluster? We could use some guidance on a safer path. =/\=

Young: =/\= It's just finished processing Captain. We should have it analysed very soon. =/\=

Seir/Horne: =/\= ? =/\=

Rajel: =/\= Once you have something we can use, please send it up to the bridge. =/\=

Young: =/\= Will do. =/\=

Seir/Horne: =/\= ? =/\=

Rajel: =/\= Thank you. Minister, I will let you know when we find your ship so you can join us if you wish. =/\=

Ohain: =/\= I would like to join out at that point. =/\=

Rajel: =/\= Very well. Rajel out. =/\=

Young: Well that settles it then. Let's get cracking. It sounds like our data just became a much higher priority up there.

Seir/Horne: ?

:: The data updated on the screen showing the scout ships path through the cluster which wasn’t the most direct as they diverted to explore as part of their scientific research.  It also identified areas in red that the scout ship moved around. ::

Ohain: I’m not an astrophysics but I remember from briefing I remember the need to avoid pockets of intense gamma radiation and subspace eddies.

:: Andarys looked to the other hoping one was an expect in that field. ::

Seir/Horne/Young: ?

MSNPC Andarys Ohain
Senior Representative
Ministry of Science