PNPC "Queen" - A new friend

Jess

Jun 12, 2020, 6:31:30 PM6/12/20
to IC Conny

(( Starbase 104 - Commercial Section ))

Overwhelmed. That was pretty much the dominant feeling for Queen right now. Living on an overpopulated planet was one thing. Walking through an overpopulated Starbase of the size of a planet was a whole other.

She had never seen so many different species in one location, many of them she had never seen before, period. Queen had never known how many species in the galaxy were animal look-alikes. Birds, cats, crabs and she could have sworn she had seen a man earlier who turned into something like a deer with huge antlers. She was still baffled by that.

Would she ever get used to this much variety? She wasn't narrow minded, but this was a whole lot of unknown. And even though she would never admit it, well not never but certainly not right now - it was scary. Surprisingly more scary than diving into the unknown with a pod that was put together from metal scraps. Funny how things went.

The (not so) slightly overwhelmed Linaran began to consider that visiting a busy section of this station had been a bad idea when she felt something bump into her shins. It made her stop in her tracks and Queen looked down, surprised by what she saw. It was another animal - or animal look-alike species? - with shoddy reddish brown fur and a bunch of tusks. She had never seen something like that but she was immediately intrigued.

Queen: Hello.

There was no answer, maybe she was too far up for it to hear her. So she crouched down, and cocked her head as her eyes wandered over the hair that looked quite rough.

( https://wiki.starbase118.net/wiki/images/8/87/Queen%27s_Teacup_Targ.png )

Queen: Hello are you an inhabitant of this station?

Again no answer. Instead the animal stepped back, raised its head to look at her with beady black eyes and with a mix of a grunt and squeak headbutted her leg again. One of the smaller tusks got stuck in her fishnet thighs and it squealed as it couldn't move away again. So either it didn't understand her language, or it was an animal.

Queen: Excuse me. I will have to touch you to help.

Rather be sure than to be sorry. She reached out and was not surprised by the rough and hard feeling of the short hairs as she wrapped her palm around its midsection. The other carefully removed the fishnet string from a notch in the tusk that had dug into the thread. It was easy to remove the tusk and free the animal.

Queen: There you go. So who are you?

Bolian: There you are!

Queen looked up and saw a bald blue man head straight to her. Queen rose to her feet, one lower arm wrapped around the animal. It was surprisingly heavy. The man caught right up to them.

Bolian: Did he hurt you? I am so sorry, he's the wild one of the bunch.

Queen: I barely felt it. What is its species?

Bolian: He is a Klingon Targ... well.. a teacup Targ.

Queen: Are ... teacup targs ... animals? ::It was a wild guess::

The man looked at her for a longer moment and then grinned widely.

Bolian: An animal yes. Your first time on this station?

Queen: Yes. What is its name?

Bolian: He doesn't have one yet. We prefer that their caregivers give them a name. It's a great bonding experience and makes them feel more like a part of the family.

Queen: Oh, so its a pet! ::She knew of pets. She never had one but had friends who had some. She had often envied them.::

Bolian: Yes! We are a pet adoption center. ::He pointed to an area behind him:: And it seems that he likes you.

Queen looked down to the animal and saw that he had closed his eyes and calmly snuggled into her. It didn't look that wild to her.

Bolian: Have you ever thought about adopting a pet?

(( Quarters Davis ))

Black beady eyes looked at her with what Queen believed to be confusion. She slouched on the couch, her feet on the edge of the table and her new pet on her lap, held with both hands.

Queen: Maybe you are a Prince. No, you are not. Tikka. Prena? Hrm... no. What name do you like, huh?

Of course there was no reply. Just that stare. But she liked it. That look, waiting for her to do something. And those tusks, the rough hair. Something about that just spoke to her. Something she had not felt before. That also meant she had no name for it.

Queen: You have no opinion on that, mhm? Well, we'll find a name for you.

That was when the doors opened and it was not surprising that Lazarus entered. She had told him that she would go to the station, but she was back much sooner than she had anticipated.

Davis: ?

Queen: It was ... full. And I made a new friend.

She raised the small animal and turned him around to present him to Lazarus.

Davis: ?

Queen: He is a teacup targ, he has no name yet. ::To the animal:: This is Beard Man, my bonded partner. Say hi.

And to her surprise the mini targ actually grunted, though it was most likely pure coincidence.

Davis: ?

-----
PNPC Qeene "Queen"
Spouse of Lazarus Davis