Ensign Pholin Duyzer: Got anything Denobulan? (Columbia)

Pholin Duyzer

Sep 27, 2018, 4:13:12 PM9/27/18
to sb118-c...@googlegroups.com
((Conference Room - Deck 1, USS Columbia))
((Time index: Right after the meeting.))

:: People gravitated towards their own group, and Pholin figured he should do that too. He saw G'Renn and Tatash already standing with each other, so he walked over to them. ::

Tatash: Good to meet you all. It looks like we have a pretty board set of skills between us, this'll make it easier.

G’Renn: I’m sure that we will find anything that’s down there.

Jolara: ?

:: That was certainly true, we'd need it. Knowing nothing about the area would make for a difficult rescue mission. ::

Duyzer: Indeed, I've done some research in the last thirty minutes and we practically know nothing about this region.

Tatash: I'd suggest we try and requisition use of a shuttle over a transporter. We can't rule out the possibility the Kumari wen't down even if it's highly unlikely, and I'm sure you'd prefer setting up shop in a shuttle rather then just a field kit Doctor. Not to mention the sensors we'd have access too.

:: And we would have way more sensor capacity in a shuttle than from a tricorder. He nodded, almost subconciously. He looked down, quite startled by all the senior officers around him. ::

G’Renn: Of course. A shuttle would be prefered.

Jolara: ?

:: Silence fell just for a moment, while Pholin looked up and over to G'Renn. She was the leader of the away mission, but it seemed liked she hadn't quite realized that yet. She suddenly remembered that she had to give the orders. ::

G’Renn: We don’t have any idea what we’re going to encounter down there. I’ll contact you all as soon as I get the list of equipment that we’ll need. I’d suggest wrapping up any projects you were in the middle of.

Tatash/Jolara: ?

Duyzer: I'll be in Astrophysics figuring out everything about this planet.

:: His crewmates and he dispersed all doing everything to prepare for the mission. He walked into the turbolift. ::

Duyzer: Deck 8 ::trying to find somewhere to look while talking to the computer.::

:: It immediately started moving, and Pholin prepared his mind for what he wanted to figure out in Astrophysics. Quite unsurprisingly, he started thinking how amusing it was that they'd lost the Captain. ::

:: Pholin liked to tell stories to his children, about what he'd been through on Bajor or more often something made up. As his children grew up, they would tell their father that his stories were too "unrealistic". Losing his Captain would probably count as unrealistic. He grinned, and walked out of the turbolift. ::

:: Realizing he still hadn't made up a plan of what to look for in Astrophysics, he turned his mind to more serious matters. Looking up Denobula was easy, he just had to load it in from the database, but this planet would have to be scanned first, so he needed to initiate that scan first. He walked down the hallway and went in the door to his lefthand-side, Astrophysics. ::

((Astrophysics - Deck 8, USS Columbia))

:: As he walked into the room, the lights powered on. He could see no one had been there since him, because the Denobulan system was still holographically represented on the table, in all its beauty. He quickly took the hologram down, and began to scan the new planet, getting down to business. ::

:: Seeing as he would be here, practically waiting for the computer, he walked over to the replicator. ::

Duyzer: Computer? :: Its beeps indicated the computer was listening. :: Do you have something Denobulan on the menu?

Computer: Please rephrase question.

Duyzer: oO And they call the computer "smart". Oo :: He sighed. :: Please list all available items for replication of Denobulan origin.

Computer: One item found, Denobulan "Loatac Cider".

:: Although surprised by the amount of items - or lack thereof - he was quite happy his mother's favorite drink was on the menu: "Loatac Cider". ::

Duyzer: We're going to work on that, Computer. The Denobulan cuisince is superb! But I'd like some... :: He realized that he was on duty, and that an alcoholic (or syntheholic) beverage wasn't quite appropriate. :: some water please.

((Timeskip: 15 minutes later))

Duyzer: Computer, stop the music please.

:: The music he had put on to kill the time stopped. Now Pholin could focus on the scans, that should be completed by now. ::

Duyzer: Computer, report on the planet.

:: He was beginning to understand how he needed to talk to the computer. Although it was not very polite, it was straight forward. He could also just read the report on his screen, but liked some interaction. ::

Computer: Class M, twelve thousand kilometers in diameter. Moon of a Class I planet. Orbiting a Type K planet.

:: He stood up from his chair he had been sitting in to read the full report of the scan. It appeared to be habitable, at least the temperature was right for it. Looking over his scan, there wasn't anything that would cause the captain crash down. But if he was in the situation, he would certainly look into a class M planet orbiting another planet. ::

:: The scan didn't find whether or not the planet was inhabited, and certainly not the life signs of the captain. Slightly dissappointed, he interpreted more of the scan. ::

TAG/TBC

Ensign Pholin Duyzer
Science Officer
USS Columbia