Lt. JG Jona ch'Ranni - A Sip of Tea (Losaria)

1 view

Jona ch'Ranni

Mar 14, 2019, 12:37:31 PM3/14/19
to sb118-c...@googlegroups.com
((Varoth Market, Irvaytho Proper, Losaria))
((Time Index: Several hours after the Columbia’s arrival at Losaria))

::Jona trudged through the thick snow that was already accumulating several inches deep on the stone streets. He passed makeshift stalls along the roadway with every imaginable product for sale. One businessman sold wooden children's toys, another savory meat snacks, and still another small plants. Down the street he could hear a musician playing a stringed instrument, serenading the customers. A potter who had arrived somewhat late was busily unpacking his clay vessels and placing them carefully on the shelf he had erected.::

ch'Ranni: oO Obviously the Losarians value art in many forms. Oo

::Jona wore a standard-issue parka with the faux-fur lined hood up covering his head. To be honest, it provided more than enough warmth to the Andorian and he even considered unlatching the front and putting the hood down. The Starfleet delta emblem was prominently displayed on the left breast and apparently this was enough to make him highly recognizable. Another member of the Columbia’s crew wearing a matching coat but bundled up even further motioned to him from a roadside cafe. Jona walked amiably up to his seated co-worker.::

G’Renn: Hello there! Decided to explore the Varoth Market as well?

ch'Ranni: Ah, Doctor! Fancy meeting you here.

::Anath motioned to the empty chair across from her, an invitation to sit down. Before she could speak up and say anything, an attendant set a ceramic mug down on the table in front of her. She glanced at the mug of tea still letting off steam then looked up.::

Waiter: Your tea, ma’am.

::She smiled gratefully and took a sip of the tea.::

G’Renn: Thank you so much, sir! I really appreciate your hospitality.

Waiter: It’s no problem. Welcome to Losaria! ::He turned to the newcomer.:: Can I get you anything?

::The spices that the doctor's tea gave off created an interesting aroma that danced about the table.::

ch'Ranni: That tea smells wonderful. I could use one as well. Thank you!

::The Losarian man left to check on another table. Anath took another sip of tea before addressing her crewmate.::

G’Renn: So, what do you think of Losaria so far? I’ve liked it all except for the temperature.

ch'Ranni: Really? I think it's great. ::a quick smile:: I guess it helps me to be more acclimated to low temperatures. It's a far cry from Vulcan I imagine.

G'Renn: ?

ch'Ranni: And I'd have to say Losaria itself is wonderful, not even considering the climate. This marketplace is amazing. Vendors with local spices, fabrics, flowers ... the variety is great. And its astounding to know Irvaytho stretches across almost the whole planet!

G'Renn: ?

ch'Ranni: In a few days I'm planning a visit to the Royal Shipyard. I received an invitation from the Minister of Shipworks to tour the facility. Do you have any plans for the rest of our stay here?

G'Renn: ?

--
Lt. JG Jona ch'Ranni
Helm Officer