PNPC Iria - Does Someone Like Me?

Captain Nugra

Aug 14, 2015, 5:29:58 PM8/14/15
to sb118-c...@googlegroups.com
(( Iria's Room - Kaji's Quarters - USS Columbia ))

:: Iria's room was bare. It was not that she did not have a lot of stuff, but more a long the lines that keeping items did not mean anything to her. She had her clothes simply because walking around in the nude was unacceptable in society and her weapons were a staple of her convent. Honestly, Iria preferred not to wear anything as she always felt clothes limited her movement and expression in war. Her father though said she must wear them, so she would. ::

:: What stood out the most though was on the opposite wall of her quarters. The walls of the room were bare except for a large picture that covered the wall. It was a decent size and it was hung with care and perfection. The image was of a young animal, that in ways resembled a Terran deer. Iria sat on the floor of her room admiring it and studying it as she had for the past three hours. The animal was beautiful. The young Myrivan girl glanced down at the PADD that was in her lap and re-read the letter that had been sent to her. ::

Dear Iria,

No thanks are necessary, I was just doing my job and I’m just happy I was able to help. I hope you’ve been keeping well, what have you been up to lately? For me it’s been mainly a matter of settling in aboard my new vessel. I’m really enjoying it here on the Darwin and am catching up with old friends as well as making new ones.

I really appreciate the gift you sent, it’s absolutely incredible and the craftsmanship of the blade is breathtaking. I am truly honoured to receive such a fine item, so thank you. I thought I might send something nice to you too and share a little of what matters to me. Not a lot of people know this about me but my biggest passion in life is nature. The Trill have an astrological system based on animals and I’ve hunted through my photography albums to find a picture of a Steera.

Since I was born January 5th, my birthday falls under this astrological sign, and people born under it are said to be thorough, patient and persistent. When others have long given up, Steeras buck their way past boundaries. They are proud, and rightfully so - they hold themselves in a regal way. They are naturally noble, like they came from royalty. This is not to say they feel entitled, far from it. They believe in righteous hard work, and their integrity is their trademark. I don’t know if you believe in this sort of thing but given the way I’ve fought through recent hardships and the way it echos Captain Nugra’s recent words of praise to me - I think there’s some truth in there even if only by chance.

I hope that if you find yourself full of frustration and facing the hurdles of life that you’ll look upon the picture and perhaps think of me but more importantly, remember to be patient and persistent. You’re a strong woman and will undoubtedly go far. It was nice hearing from you and I wish you all the best.

Best regards,

Janel

:: Upon receiving the gift and the letter, the first thing that struck her that there was somebody besides Talia and her father had cared for her. Cared for her enough to send her a picture from his own personal collection. Such things, to Iria, was considered private and special and his sharing one with her carried a lot of weight in her mind. The dagger she had sent him was crafted by her own hands back at the monastery and to receive a picture that he had took spoke a lot to her. That was why it had the place of honor on her wall. ::

oO But...why does he care for me? Oo

:: Her mind tried to figure out why he would care so much to send her such a special gift. Janel Tarna was a medic and was duty bound to try to save her life even after she tried to kill him. His duty was completed and there would not even be a need to respond to her letter. Janel did though and he sent a beautiful gift in return. ::

oO I...I don't understand. Why? Oo

:: It was puzzing. Was Janel trying to send a message? Was he saying something in return? Did he..like her? That was a strange thought. She had people who did not mind her company, but she never had anyone express any interest in her besides her combative skills and prowess. Janel's offer of friendship was much more benign and personal than wanting to appreciate her for her skill with a blade. ::

:: A strange feeling washed over her and for the first time as long as she could remember, she felt happy and confused at the same time. There was somebody who liked her and for her. ::

oO But...what do I do to show a return affection? Oo

:: That was a good question. First instinct was to go find a shuttle and fly to the USS Darwin and ask him, but her father would not appreciate her leaving like that. She had to obey him as her father and caretaker from the convent. ::

oO Do...I like him? Oo

:: That question was going to be much harder to figure out. ::

~tbc~

PNPC Iria
Governess

As Simmed By...