Cmdr Dickens & Lt Cmdr Townson - JP - End of an Era

Tracey Townson

Jul 16, 2015, 10:44:23 PM7/16/15
to sb118-a...@googlegroups.com
((OOC: Hi all. This will be my last post to Atlantis for the time being. You never know about the future however :) That said, there is something here for everyone. We left no tags, but you have a day or so to respond if you wish. Your Captains on your new ships will be contacted as to what you will recieve here so your character files could be updated accordingly. As such,I wish you all the best and to bring that unique Atlantis style to your new ships in the fleet where you have been assigned to. On behalf of the Atlantis staff, Captain Blueheat, Commander Dickens, Lieutenant Varaan, Lieutenant Helling and myself, I thank you all for being so much fun and being part of this awesome community. It has been a blast! Congrats to you all!))

IC:

:: Marcus had been waiting for about ten minutes since they received the Admiral's call, first asking why the ship left DS26 without asking permission to the admiral. Despite that they've followed procedures to undock, they didn't filled up a mission and course report to Starfleet by standard procedures and the circumstances of the captain's dissapearance and return, only make it even more weird. Marcus suspected that there was more involved, that maybe the political situation and the recent events, only made the Atlantis a target of political influence in the region and that someone, or someones wanted her out of the scene.The Atlantis was again docked on DS26 and Marcus was waiting a signal to get in with Tracey to know what will finally happen. ::

:: A signal from the Ops stations indicated that the call ended, so Marcus stood from the chair, straightened his uniform and moved towards the ready room pressing the crystal panel to announce his presence. ::

((Ready Room - USS Atlantis))

TOWNSON: =/\= Yes Admiral. I understand. I'll inform the crew. =/\=

::And with that, Tracey closed the channel and leaned back in her seat. With the Atlantis now docked at DS26, the Admiral in charge decommissioned the Atlantis on the basis that it left DS26 to go after the Captain without requesting permission to do so. Tracey tried in vain to argue the point, but to no avail. The crew was to go their seperate ways. The chime on the ready room door sounded and Tracey sat up.::

TOWNSON: Come.

::Tracey looked up and smiled solemnly at the familiar face of Commander Marcus Dickens.::

TOWNSON: ::shaking her head:: They didn't bite Commander.

DICKENS: So, that's it?

TOWNSON: Assemble the crew, Commander. We need to tell them.

DICKENS: I see...

((Later - Conference Room - USS Atlantis))

::Tracey stood behind the chair at the head of the table and looked at everyone in turn in the room and smiled. Marcus found that that smile was somehow a kind of nervous smile.She then began.::

TOWNSON: Based upon my error of not informing DS26 of our departure to the wormhole to find Captain Blueheart, the Atlantis crew will be...moved to other vessels within the fleet. As such, before we part ways, I wanted to give each and every one of you something to remember your time here on Atlantis. ::to Dickens:: If you would join me, Commander.

DICKENS: :: sadly :: Yes, commander

TOWNSON: We'll begin with citations. ::opening a box with purple and blue diagonal striped ribbons:: This is the Defense of Temporal Flow citation and is to be awarded to the following individuals: Captain Raj Bluehheart, Commander Marcus Dickens, ::turning to pin one it on his uniform:: Lt Commander Rendall Rennyn, Lt Commander Tracey Townson, Lt Commander Danzia, ::moving towards Conti and pinning one onto his uniform:: Lieutenant Daro Conti, and Lieutenant Shar Wynn Foster.

::Tracey then moved towards another box and opened it and removed a series of white ribbons with purple edges and a yellow stripe down the middle. She then handed them to Commander Dickens.::

TOWNSON: This is the Prometheus citation. Would you do the honors, Commander.

:: Marcus looked at Tracey and smiled at the gesture allowing him giving out those citations. He stood and looked at this crew mates and friends. ::

DICKENS: For your actions in the Prometheus station, collecting very important data of the subspace anomalies, reaching and saving most of the station personel and uncovering those strange experiments, that is a classified issue... The recipients, those who are not with us will be informed by their CO, here will be captain Blueheart, Lieutenant Commander Townson :: he pinned the pin on her left chest, Lieutenant Commander Rennyn,  Lieutenant Anora :: He moved with the pin towards her who stood, pinning it on her right chest while holding a smile, he then turned to the Ops officer :: Ensign Fenelli :: He leaned to pin her citation over her uniform as she wasn't fully recovered::, lieutenant Helling, :: He pinned the citation and smiled and nodded to her in reassurance :: oO She has a quick brighting future Oo :: moving to the next one ::Lieutenant Haase, good work :: he pinned the citation and nodded to the man.::  Ensign Pike, who's on leave, Lieutenant Zinna, congratulations :: following the same gesture that he'd made with the others:: Lieutenant Conti :: pinning it he shook hands with him and patted his shoulder in reassurance :: and finally... well, to Commander Dickens,... that's me :: he let out a little laught that was followed by some of the presents if not all.

TOWNSON: Thank you, Commander. ::Tracey then pulled out another box that contained a blue ribbon with a red stipe running horizontally through it.:: This is the Starfleet Academy Graduate citation. Everyone here will recieve this. ::Tracey then made her way around the room handing one to each officer.::

::Tracey then returned to her place and pulled out another box with two all yellow ribbons. Looked around the room and smiled.::

TOWNSON: This is the Department Chief citation, ::looking up to Commander Dickens:: Awarded to Commander Marcus Dickens and Captain Raj Blueheart. ::pinning it on the Commander.::

:: Marcus stood while Tracey put the medal onto him, proud to have been given this citation after so many years working in sciencece departments ::

::Tracey then opened yet another box that contained one ribbon. It was red with green edges and greenish stripes. She turned and handed it to Commander Dickens.::

TOWNSON: This is the Starship Commander citation. I am certain you know who it is for.

DICKENS: Yes sir, I'll make sure that he receives it and on behalf of the captain, thank you and thank you all.

::Tracey then reached for one more box, opened it and pulled out a blue ribbon with the letter "E" on it and looked out for the sole Vulcan in the group.::

TOWNSON: Lieutenant Varaan, front and center.

::Once the Lieutenant arrived, Tracey gave the man the Vulcan salute and spoke.::

TOWNSON: Upon your arrival to Atlantis, you have been tremendously helpful to the crew and staff of this ship. Your work does not go unnoticed, despite your attempt to do so. ::slightly smiling:: As such I award you the Explorer’s citation for your tireless work providing us a better understanding of the peoples of this sector as well as it's unique assets.

::Once that was done, Tracey watched the man sit back down and Tracey pulled out one more box. Opened it to reveal a purple ribbon with an upside down "V" on it and turned to Commander Dickens once again and handed it to him.::

TOWNSON: This is the Purple Heart. Ensign Fenelli, front and center.

::Tracey waited for the Ensign to arrive via her hover chair. Once there, Tracey looked up to Commander Dickens.::

TOWNSON: If you shall do the honors, Commander.

DICKENS: Ensign Mary Fenelli, in recognition for your bravery in overcoming your injuries and still willing to do your job, for helping out in getting the crew out of a lockdown situation, overcoming your fears and for showing us that if there's a will, there's a way, you've become an inspiration to all of us. Your example showed us that in the worse circumstances, willpower can overcome any dissability, Starfleet wants to recognize you with the Purple Heart. :: He pinned it next to the other citations, smiled and shook hands firmly to her.::

::Once that was done, Tracey turned to Fenelli and spoke.::

TOWNSON: As you were, Ensign. In case you don't know, my command codes were revoked from the computer. Therefore the replicator would not give me everything that I requested. ::reaching around her own collar and removed her top, darkened pip from her own uniform.:: But I truely believe that you deserve this. ::as she pinned the darkened pip to Ensign Fenelli's uniform:: By the powers vested in me in the final moments as commanding officer of Atlantis, I hereby promote you to the rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade with all the benefits and responsibilities that rank entails. Congratulations!

::Tracey then stepped back and saluted the woman with Marcus joining her. She then turned to the rest of the crew and looked at each of them again.::

DICKENS: You're allowed some free time, but please,.... no holodeck parties!!

TOWNSON: Congratulations to all of you! See you...out there!....Dismissed

::Once everyone had left the room, Tracey sat down at the head chair and turned towards the window. She sat there as a single tear then fell to her lap.::

-FIN-

Commander Marcus Dickens
Acting First Officer
USS Atlantis

&

Lt Commander Tracey Townson
First Officer
USS Atlantis

--
Envoyè depuis mon palm pre

T'Var Helling

Jul 17, 2015, 5:57:05 AM7/17/15
to USS Atlantis
Goodbye Atlantis, I'll miss you.  As for you Atlanteans, I'll never forget a single one of you.

Giselle/T'Var