Captain Blueheart - And The Pip Goes To...

Raj Blueheart

Jan 12, 2015, 7:17:22 AM1/12/15
to sb118-a...@googlegroups.com

(OOC: As promised :)

((Holodeck 2, USS Atlantis))

::There was a bloody Christmas tree in the holodeck. And the penguin he wanted to murder. Unnecessary extravagance, he told himself and shook his head in exasperation, as he made his way along the aisle and up to the stage, hardly noticing anyone seated around tables in the hall. Reaching the podium, he tugged at his formal dress whites, scanning the crowd of silhouettes as the lights were dimmed and the complimentary ambient music was killed.::

BLUEHEART: Commander Dickens, if you would join me on stage?

DICKENS: response

::He handed the Angosian-Betazoid officer a rosewood box.::

BLUEHEART: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for attending tonight’s ceremony. Tonight’s ceremony marks yet another successful mission for the USS Atlantis. This wouldn’t be possible without each and every one of you working hard to carry out your duties. I want to personally thank each one of you for your dedication and commitment in seeing this mission to its end, and to that effect, allow me to honor you with a little token of my appreciation to recognize all that you have sacrificed for ship and crew.

::He turned and nodded to Cmdr Dickens who responded by returning the nod and opening the rosewood box.::

BLUEHEART: ::long pause:: Let us also not forget our fallen comrades, past and present, whose sacrifice we will always remember.

ANYONE: response

BLUEHEART: I’d like to call upon Ensign T’Var Helling to the stage.

::He waited until the applause died and the Klingon-Human tactical officer stood before him on the stage before speaking.::

BLUEHEART: Mr Helling, you have shown fearless dedication while performing your duties and are always on your toes watching out for potential security risks. For that, it is my pleasure to promote you to the rank of Lieutenant, Junior Grade, effective immediately.

::Raj removed a half-pip from the rosewood box and pinned it on the collar next to the full one.::

BLUEHEART: Lieutenant Helling, a few words, if you will.

HELLING: response

::Once Lt JG T’Var Helling had returned to her seat and the applause had died, Raj called upon the next officer.::

BLUEHEART: Will Ensign Daro Conti  please come onto the stage?

::He waited till the Rodulan science officer stood before him before he spoke.::

BLUEHEART: You have demonstrated exceptional skills in understanding the very nature of polaric radiation as well as the dangers associated with the temporal rift. Without your findings on the USS Christopher Pike, the Science team wouldn’t have been able to design the probes that delivered the anti-polaric bomb, sealing the rift. For that, it’s an honor to promote you to the rank of Lieutenant, Junior Grade.

::Once again he removed a half-pip from the rosewood box and pinned it on the man’s collar next to the full one.::

BLUEHEART: Lieutenant Conti, a few words?

CONTI: response

::Once the thundering applause died down, he called yet another name.::

BLUEHEART: Ensign Thomas Janeway, please join me on the stage.

::He waited till the Vulcan engineer stood before him before he spoke.::

BLUEHEART: Ensign Janeway, in your short time with us, you have showed us just how skilled you are. Without your help in creating a chroniton shield, we wouldn’t even be here. We owe our lives to you, and thus, I am promoting you to the rank of Lieutenant, Junior Grade.

::He removed a half-pip from the rosewood box and pinned it on the man’s collar next to the full one.::

BLUEHEART: Lieutenant Janeway, a few words?

JANEWAY: response

::Once Lt JG Thomas Janeway had returned to his seat and the applause had died, Raj turned to his XO.::

BLUEHEART: Anything you’d like to say, Commander?

DICKENS: response

BLUEHEART: ::turning to the crowd:: Very well then. This concludes our promotions ceremony. Well done, everyone----

::He was cut short when a tribble, a ginger tribble, fell onto the podium. It cooed and puffed up its fur, shaking. Raj stared at it for the longest time, hardly reacting.::

DICKENS/ANYONE: response

 BLUEHEART: ::picking up the critter with both hands:: Er.. enjoy shore leave.

::He moved quickly off the stage, ginger tribble in his hands, heading towards the exit, head bowed and eyes fixed on the furry lifeform. Barely a few feet from the exit, a shadow fell across his path. He stopped, sighed, and slowly looked up at the individual standing in his way.::

ANYONE: response

(OOC: Congratulations to those promoted! :)

TBC/TAG

Captain Raj Blueheart

Commanding Officer

USS Atlantis