Chythar Skyfire: Sales Pitch

Carter Greyson

Sep 12, 2019, 5:21:48 PM9/12/19
to sb118-a...@googlegroups.com
OOC: This takes place after "Full Circle...Oh The Irony"

(( CMO's Office, USS Astraeus ))

Solok: Your assistance is, as always, appreciated, Doctor. ::He paused.:: Is there anything further you wished to discuss?

Skyfire: Just one other thing. :: He paused and produced an isolinear chip from his pocket, sliding it across the desk. :: This contains an experimental hyronalin alternative I was working on for Commander Rosek. I was hoping I could ask for your assistance in a review capacity and we can work together on developing the final solution.

Solok took the chip, examined it briefly, and then looked back up to Skyfire.

Solok: Intriguing. ::Pause.:: What is it, exactly?

He knew, of course, that he would have to explain. Solok was perhaps not as familiar with Lael’s unique history, though he was present aboard the USS Astraeus when they had to fish it out of the Shoals and the situation came up in the field for the first time.

Skyfire: It’s supposed to be a hypoallergenic alternative to hyronalin tailored to her specifically due to her unique physiology. It’s performed well in small-scale tests with her blood, but I don’t feel it’s finished yet. I would value your insights and collaboration toward the final version before presenting it to her for field tests.

Solok: Naturally, I will afford you whatever insight and assistance I can. Anything else, Doctor?

Skyfire: Nope. Nothing further, doctor. Thank you for your time.

Solok stood.

Solok: Very well, then, Doctor Skyfire. I must attend to my duties here, as I am certain you must return to yours in -- :: He paused. :: -- Forgive me, I do not know where it is you are posted aboard the Astraeus.

Skyfire: The Pagrati Lounge. Serving coffee, tea, and other comforting drinks.

Solok: Yes, of course. The Pagrati Lounge. I have not yet had occasion to frequent any of the Astraeus' recreational facilities.

That intrigued Chythar, such that he at least had to pitch the sale. He had yet to practice his sales pitch, but it came off his tongue as if he’d rehearsed it. For the Raktajino, at least, he'd had practice. Still, this was one of those weird moments -- trying to engage someone who didn't normally engage in social activities.

Skyfire: You should drop by some time. Ah’ve got a very wide selection of Vulcan teas and coffees available.

The Vulcan cocked his head to one side, in deference to the suggestion.

Solok: Perhaps, sometime, I will. Thank you, Doctor. Expect word from myself or Chief Nguyen, regarding upcoming available duty shifts.

Skyfire: Looking forward to it. Ah’ll let you get back to it, then.

With a final nod to the Vulcan physician, he made his way quietly out of sickbay and back to the lounge. He had to get back to work, lest the coffee bar remained unattended for too long. He didn’t want any more unauthorized experiments in his bar.

END
===
Chythar Skyfire
Barista, Pagrati Lounge (Brew Continuum Franchise)
USS Astraeus NCC-70652
O239002CS0