Lieutenant Carter Greyson: Accepting The Offer

5 lượt xem
Chuyển tới thư đầu tiên chưa đọc

Riley Delar

chưa đọc,
16:52:53 29 thg 8, 201929/8/19
đến sb118-a...@googlegroups.com
(( XO's Office, USS Astraeus ))

Carter ran a hand through his hair somewhat nervously then straightened his uniform again before pressing his hand to the chime. He had a sneaking suspicion he knew what this was about, but wasn't about to jump to unwarranted conclusions. He'd gotten out of the habit some time ago.

Rosek: Response

As he crossed the threshold, he realized that he still had his coffee in his hand. It was fairly easy for him to forget when he was working, especially since he felt he'd been pulling doubles in the chief's absence.

Greyson: You wanted to see me, commander?

He took the offered seat across from her, and exhaled slowly to calm his nerves. There were many reasons why he could be here, but wanted to hear from her why he was here before he got too wrapped up in his thoughts. She seemed to smile at him, though why, exactly, he couldn't say.

Rosek: Relax, Carter. I’m not going to eat you.

That reassurance caused him to relax slightly. He was certain she had a reason for inviting him up to her office and out of engineering. This was...well, unexpected.

Greyson: That's a relief. I probably wouldn't taste very good anyway.

Rosek: ::folds her hands and sets them down on the desk in front of her:: I wanted to talk to you about the Chief Engineer position. I know you’ve been acting chief any number of times over the years. You certainly have the experience. I’ve discussed it with Mei and with Lieutenant Harkrow absent, how would you like to take the spot?

He said nothing for a long moment and had a sip of his coffee. He'd known the burdens of being full on chief only because he was acting in that capacity as a provisional lieutenant junior grade aboard the USS Invicta. Ever since then, he'd been mostly an assistant chief. He felt that he wanted it, but at the same time, he had to analyze whether he really wanted it. He recalled a conversation or two he'd had about the subject with Luna and a separate one with Roshanara, and he'd been through a lot more since then. He was ready.

Greyson: Once as acting chief. A few times as assistant chief, and a few times as acting assistant chief. :: He paused for a moment. :: I accept your offer, commander.

Rosek: Response

Greyson: Yep, just like that. Core and Walker were great mentors, but it's very different from the text books.

Rosek: Response
===
Lieutenant Carter Greyson
Chief Engineer