Ambassador Rune Jolara: Glimpses of A Lifetime Nightmare

Rune Jolara

Dec 12, 2015, 11:37:07 AM12/12/15
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Apollo-A
((Ambassador's Quarters, USS Apollo - A))

:: She hit send before she could change her mind. ::

:: With that done, Rune got up and walked into her bedroom. She'd always felt alone but not so much as she did at that very moment. It was suffocating and unbearable. Of course there were those who would say it wasn't true but it was. That fact made her decision only slightly easier. ::

:: Sitting down on the side of her bed, she pulled open the nightstand drawer and reached in to pull out a bottle. Her hands shook ever so slightly as she opened the bottle and emptied the contents into her hand. She drew in a breath, looking only briefly at the tiny pills before popping them into her mouth and swallowing. ::

:: She then laid down, rolling over onto her left side and closing her eyes. Hopefully sleep wouldn't be far behind. ::

((Flashback/Dream - 13 Years Ago - Sabahnuor Attitude Readjustment Center, Leya-I))

::The lights overhead were blinding. Of course that was all part of the process. She couldn't turn her head away from them and it didn't matter how tightly she clenched her eyes shut. The light still penetrated her eyelids and the nectating membrane beneath.::

::She was cold... freezing actually. Her heart was racing again and in spite of freezing, she was sweating. She could feel the tiny beads of sweat roll down the side of her face. She wanted to run, but she couldn't move.::

::She tensed as she heard a ripping sound and then something damp brushed against her forehead. She tried to jerk away but it was pointless. All of this fighting was pointless.::

::Then she felt it. Tiny pin pricks at various points around her body, along her spine, back of her neck and forehead. The pin pricks turned into stinging, then burning and then excruciating pain. She would have screamed but the sound caught in her already raw throat.::

((Flashback/Dream - 3 Years Ago - Jolara's Quarters, USS Avandar))

Jolara: I remember *everything*.

Laro Susell: What do you mean?

:: That was a stupid question or maybe she just thought Rune was stupid. Either way, it didn't matter to Rune. ::

Jolara: You know exactly what I mean. ::leaning closer with her arm on the edge of the desk:: Attitude readjustment, Laro? What you did... what Dura did to me was *not* attitude readjustment. ::pause:: It didn't really have anything to do with how I am did it? That was just the excuse you needed. How many others were there or was I your own personal experiment?

:: Rune could see the woman she had trusted her entire life motion to someone off screen. No words were exchanged but Rune knew... ::

Laro Susell: Rune, it is not what you think. We are making arrangements to bring you home so we can...

Jolara: No! I am not leaving this ship!

Laro Susell: ::calmly:: I can see it was a mistake allowing you...

Jolara: Y'ev! paysona k'asvak!

:: Before she could say anything else, Rune slammed her hand down on the console, ending the transmission. She sat there for a few minutes just staring at the UFoP symbol that had replaced the image of her mentor. Slowly her anger began to fade only to be replaced with a sense of *what the hell did I just do*. ::

((Flashback/Dream - 3 Months Ago - USS Doyle))

Internal Voice: You need to come home.

:: Her free hand went to the side of her head as she cinched her eyes tightly shut. ::

Jolara: No. I can not go home.

Internal Voice: You have no choice but to come home. You have strayed from your path enough. The outsider can not help you.

Jolara: ::through clenched teeth:: I will not go home.

Internal Voice: The harder you fight it, the harder it will be.

((Flashback/Dream - 2 Months Ago - DS285))

::Sticking to the parameter, Rune had been wandering around the area for nearly 2 hours. To bystanders it would appear she was wandering aimlessly but she was actually looking for something. She just wasn't exactly sure what she was looking for.::

::She had lost count of how any times she'd been ran into. But she found herself getting more irritated each time.::

::Turning around to look behind her, she was hit again... her body was propelled backwards into a darkened alcove... a sharp pain lanced through her side as if stabbed by something. Before her mind could process what was happening, her body collapsed on the floor. Her mind raced as her vision clouded as someone appeared on top of her. She tried to push them away but the weight of their body was too much.::

::She felt warm breath on her skin as the person leaned over to whisper in her ear.::

Male Voice: This would have been much easier if you had just come home.

((Present Time - Ambassador's Quarters, USS Apollo - A))

::Despite the pills she had taken, the sound of the door chime broke through the haze. At first she thought it was another dream but it rang again followed by an overwhelming urge to be sick. She couldn't move fast enough to get up, but she was able to hang her head over the side of the bed.::

::Somewhere between getting sick and taking a breath, she heard a familiar voice, though not the voice she wanted.::

Nicholotti: Ambassador?

Jolara: ::nothing more than a whisper:: Go away.

::She didn't move... partly because she her body wouldn't cooperate and partly because she really didn't want to.::

Nicholotti: [tag]

---tag/tbc---

Ambassador Rune Jolara
   Diplomatic Officer - USS Apollo-A