JP - Ambassador Rune Jolara & Lt. Cmdr. Collim Kieran: Family

Collim Kieran

Jan 8, 2016, 5:10:10 PM1/8/16
to UFOP: StarBase 118: USS Apollo-A
((Ambassador's Quarters, USS Apollo - A))

::Kieran smiled as soon as she felt Rune stir beside her. Rune was lying on her side with her back to Kieran and Kieran's arm draped over her. Softly kissing her shoulder, Kieran placed a hand on Rune's stomach. For a moment she imagined she could sense the baby but she knew that was impossible. It was too soon for that.::

Collim: ::whispering in her ear:: Good morning.

::Kieran smiled as Rune snuggled up closer but made no effort to open her eyes. She couldn't even begin to describe how good it felt to wake up next to the woman she had fallen madly in love with. She sucked in a breath, realizing for the first time just how empty her life had been without Rune.::

Jolara: Mmmm g'morn. Do I have to get up?

Collim: Probably should soon. The mission briefing is at 0800.

::Rune mumbled something Kieran couldn't quite make out but it was obvious from the groan that the Al-Leyan didn't want to move. Kieran had expected her to wake up sick to her stomach but she didn't sense anything more than sleepiness. It was a marked improvement from every other morning over the last week and a huge relief to Kieran. Things were difficult enough without Rune suffering so much physically.::

Collim: I've been thinking. I was going to ask if you wanted to live together but... ::her heart was racing:: Will you marry me?

::Rune's eyes shot open with Kieran's question cutting through the last of the sleepy haze. Kieran hugged her from behind, sensing the surge of chaotic emotions followed by a rush of adrenaline and excitement, but Rune managed to twist around enough to look at Kieran.::

Jolara: What?

::Kieran's question surprised even herself so it wasn't really much of a surprise that Rune would react that way.::

Collim: ::brushing a strand of blonde hair from Rune's face:: I know this is all happening faster than we wanted and it isn't exactly the most romantic way to ask but... ::smiling:: I love you Rune and I want to be with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and ::placing her hand once again on Rune's stomach:: I want us to be a family.

Jolara: But...

::Rune's response hung in the air, stuck in her throat. Her stomach flipped though not like it had been doing and not for the same reason. She wanted to scream yes but her fear held her back. Fear and the fact that what Kieran was asking went against everything Al-Leyan.::

Collim: It's okay to be scared. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared too.

Jolara: I... It is just that...

::Kieran smiled, leaned over and softly kissed her lips.::

Collim: I know. Just think about it, okay? Either way, I'm still going to be here and we WILL get through this. I promise.

::Rune drew in a ragged breath as her eyes searched Kieran's as her own eyes clouded with unshed tears.::

Jolara: Okay.

::There was so much more Rune wanted to say, that she needed to say. But the words just wouldn't come out. Kieran smiled and kissed her again.::

Collim: I'm going to shower while you attempt to wake up.

::One more kiss and Kieran rolled out of bed. She grabbed her robe as she made her way to the bathroom without turning on the lights.::

::Rune watched Kieran disappear into the other room then she sat up, holding the blanket to her chest. A million thoughts rushed through her mind all at once. Her heart was racing nearly as fast. She couldn't believe how fast everything seemed to be changing. After everything, Kieran still wanted to be with her... even with so many unanswered questions and so many uncertainties. The thought of them being committed to one another and living together as a couple was terrifying... but not nearly as terrifying as the thought of living without Kieran.::

::She released a breath she hadn't known she was holding and threw the blanket off her. She jumped up so quickly she stumbled. She didn't even bother to grab her robe as she rushed after Kieran.::

::The Bajoran-Betazoid was just about to step into the sonic shower. She turned to see the answer in Rune's eyes before the word reached her lips.::

Jolara: Yes.

Lt. Cmdr. Collim Kieran
Intelligence Officer
USS Apollo-A