Capt. Zaekia - Final Briefing (Conference Room)

Renos SB118

Dec 5, 2017, 1:05:37 PM12/5/17
to Andaris Task Force IC

((USS Blackwell, Deck 2, Main Conference Room))

((OOC: For the benefit of the newer crew who may not be aware, all PC characters attend senior staff briefings, so please sim yourselves to the briefing room and show us your character’s reactions to the unfolding events))

::The senior staff had assembled. Before him sat people from across the spectrum of departments and rank. Humans, Vulcans, Trill, even a Bactrician and a Rekarian. It was a large team and there were just enough seats for everyone. Each of them brought something unique and valuable to the team, whether they were a brand new Ensign, like Avarin or Sakur, or more experienced like Adyr or R’Ven. Even as of just a few days ago, he had no idea this would be one of the last things he did aboard ATF. They didn’t know it yet. Would their hearts be filled with the same sadness as his? Would they miss him when he was gone? Whether they did or didn’t he would miss them - even the ones he hadn’t had a chance to get to know yet. Perhaps next year, once his medical issues were resolved he would return to the fleet. If he was fortunate, he would see all or some of these people again. With everyone assembled, plus two important people he had to introduce the crew to, he began.::

Zaekia: Good day. As is customary, I have a few announcements to make. First of all, I’d like to introduce some of the new faces we have recently welcomed aboard:

Ensign Mandak, who is our new helm officer.

Ensign Avarin an engineer.

Ensign Sakur, a medical officer.

Lieutenant Commander Adyr, our new chief of intelligence.

R’Ven: (+ anyone else) Response(s)

Zaekia: Now I see you all looking to these two to my right, and I’ll introduce them in a moment. First, I must inform you that I will be stepping back from command. I’m taking some personal leave to attend to a personal problem and must return to my home world to see it resolved. Commander R’Ven has chosen to step back from the role of First Officer also, and will be resuming his former role as chief science officer. I would like to personally thank him for his service by honouring his contributions with the captain’s commendation. Merrick - you’ve been a wonderful, hard working first officer and no one could have hoped for more.

::He lifted the small box the contained the red ribbon with two maroon stripes at each side and pinned it proudly to R’Ven’s service jacket before offering him a respectful stare.::

R’Ven: Response

::By now the crew had very likely figured out who the newcomers were, so without further ado, he returned to the head of the long table and carried on.::

Zaekia: I’d like to introduce Commander Whittaker, your new commanding officer and Commander Cecil, your new first officer.

::Though Captain Zaekia had yet to have much of a conversation with either the human or the Pelian Lieutenant Commander, their service record spoke volumes. So did their former commanding officer, who had nothing but good things to say about the both of them. Were his needs not so pressing, he would have liked to serve with these people. Not wasn’t the time to dwell on regrets of the present or past. It was a time to look to the future and the opportunities it held for them all. He smiled, silently giving his approval to the new command crew, hoping and knowing that these officers assembled would be as good to them as they had been to him.::

Whittaker/Cecil: Response(s)

Shayne/Thoran: (+anyone) Responses

::The captain waited an appropriate amount of time to let the news sink in and for everyone who wanted to speak in greeting to do so. The response was positive and the crew did what they did best - they dealt with change with dignity, grace and good humour.. As the room quietened down ne heard the Admiral clearing nir throat. They would be taking the journey back to Deep Space 26 together, and from there his journey would continue, while the Admiral would remain at the station.::

Zaekia: There are a few promotions and awards to announce, after that I will turn the floor over to your new command team. At the conclusion of the meeting, command of the vessel will be transferred to Commander Whittaker on the bridge.

((OOC: Don’t go anywhere as we’re not quite done yet. I’m going to continue this very soon but wanted to pause here, as there are a few tags and a lot of developments. This will give everyone a chance to turn up to the briefing and react to the start of it.))

Rear Admiral Renos - Commanding Officer, Andaris Task Force

* Executive Council & Captain's Council Member

A238805EB0