Ensign Jarred Thoran - The Negotiator (Caraadian Ship)

Richard Cade

Jun 9, 2017, 5:02:57 AM6/9/17
to Andaris

((Caraadian Navy Ship, decaying orbit around Debin VII))

Brint: Tha . . that is Andula. But she looks so ill. I wonder how long she has been infected?

Thoran: I’m guessing long enough Lieutenant. Now she needs our help. ::He wondered if the infected crewman was going to be as amiable as the two Caraadian’s they had met already. It had felt like an eternity since his academy training for these situations, something Thoran hoped he would not have to use::

Brell: Did you know this crewperson well?

Brint: No, I don’t know much about her. All I know is that she works in security and tactical and from what I have been told she is really good at what she does.

Gullide: Response

Brint: What do you need me to do in the meantime? Shall I bring security protocols on line?

Brell: Please do Lieutenant.

Gullide: response

Brint: response

:: Thoran strode across the bridge and took up a position near the door that stood between them and the crewman, whilst Brell made his way to the console Thoran had just left. He checked his weapon once again::

Brell: Security force fields seem to be inoperable. The door can be sealed but if she has any engineering know how she might be able to override it.

Brint: response

Thoran: ::Tapped the console on his wrist, opening a private channel to Brell and the Captain.:: =/\=Captain, based on our present situation, I would recommend contacting the Blackwell’s transporter room. If things go south with this encounter we may need to beam the Commander and Brint out in a hurry. =/\=

Zaekia: =/\=  I understand but we can’t remove them without their permission - that would be kidnapping. The Commander already rejected my attempt even just to have a transporter lock on people, so we would be ready for emergency beam out, if necessary. If Brell can persuade them otherwise then I’d agree with your assessment Thoran. =/\=

::Despite being the most junior officer here, when it came to matters of security Thoran was the authority. It was his job to ensure the safety of his ship mates, a task that was weighing heavily. Wondering how many other fresh faced ensigns had born the sole responsibility for keeping an away team safe, especially one with the Captain, Thoran dared not imagine what would happen if things went wrong ::

Zaekia: =/\= Perhaps what we really need isn’t so much an escape plan as more backup. What about sending down a small team of security personnel. If Andula gets past us, she won’t get past them. Brell, I’ll have to leave that with you as time is limited. =/\=

Thoran: :: He turned to look at Brell:: Commander Brell, once the Captain and I are through, please close and seal the door behind us. ::He turned back around to face the Captain:: Ready when you are sir.

Thoran: =/\=  Ready when you are sir.=/\=

Brell: =/\= Response =/\=

Zaekia: =/\= Ready here as well. Let us through on my mark. Three, two one - and - go!  =/\=

::As soon as the Captain gave the order, Thoran rushed through the door and took up position on the left hand side of the corridor. If any marines had seen the two officers making their way into the corridor, Thoran had no doubts they would have been impressed. It was dark in the corridor and a faint stale smell hung in the air. Further down the corridor, lit only by emergency lighting and the two torches was Andula. Upon spotting the two officers she wasted no time in acting.::

Zaekia: Stand down Andula. We’re from the Federation Medical Ship Blackwell. We’ve come to help.

Andula: You’ve come too late! Everyone is dead!

Zaekia: Not everyone. There are survivors on the bridge…

::The Captain was trying to keep the situation under control, whist maintaining a calm tone. With the dim light and shadows lining the corridor, Thoran estimated Andula was about 10 metres ahead of them. He hoped they were able to resolve the situation, as under current conditions Thoran was not sure he would be able to hit Andula. As soon as the Captain had finished, Andula spat at him, her face twisted into hatred.::

Andula: Not for long! They’re going to pay for their crimes.

:: At the academy Thoran had taken extra classes in diplomacy and now he was glad. It was time to put them to the test.::

Thoran: Andula, I gather you are in Security and Tactical, I am as well. I understand your frustration and need for vengeance, but that is not the answer. Please put down your weapon and let us help.::Thoran moved slightly forward as he spoke, gesticulating with his hand, trying to reassure her::

Andula: I have no quarrel with you, Starfleet, step aside. This doesn’t concern you.

Zaekia: Please, we’re trying to understand what happened.

Andula: I hate them! This is their fault.

::Thoran empathised with the woman. Just like him, she had a responsibility to protect the crew of this ship and now most of them were gone. He hoped if the situation were reversed, he would not act the same way::

Thoran: This is not the answer. Is this what your friends, your loved ones would want? I understand your pain. It doesn’t seem fair.

Andula: Have you not seen the bodies… the sheer carnage. Have they had to attend to dozens of dying men and women without any sort of medical support? I’ve lost everything, everyone that was important to me. They let the crew down, they left us to die.

::He could sense both the hatred and sadness in her voice. Thoran decided it was time for a bold move. He crouched down and placed the phaser rifle on the floor, keeping the phaser in its holster. As he stood up he held his hands up. Trying to seem as non-threatening as possible, he continued in dialogue with Andula::

Thoran: Please, stand down. I do not want to hurt you Andula. Enough of your people have died already. We have people working on the illness. We need you and them alive, to find answers. Whoever is responsible for what happened here will be held accountable, you have my word there will be justice.

:: Thoran had been moving ever so slowly closer to Andula, whilst keeping his body in the firing line of Andula and the Captain. With the fact she had not attacked them on sight and had not reacted so far, Thoran hoped they would be able to talk her down. .::

Thoran: Why don’t you put down the weapon and talk to me, tell me what happened, how you got here?

Zaekia/Andula: Response

Ensign Jarred Thoran
Security and Tactical Officer
Andaris Task Force, USS Blackwell NCC-58999
A239405JT0