JP Lieutenant Jarred Thoran and Lieutenant JG Anath G'Renn - Meditation Lesson (Part 1)

Anath G'Renn

Sep 15, 2017, 2:41:23 PM9/15/17
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Hanging Gardens - Jirissa Gardens))

::Sitting one one of the many stone benches littered around the garden, Jarred reflected over the last hours events, turning the rosewood box containing his new pip over in his hands. He had come here to relax, to wind down; however not even the scene before him helped. The aromatic scent of jasmine filled the air, and spread out in front of him was a large patch of grass followed by rows of well kept flower beds, brimming with exotic flowers. High above him was a whoosh. Glancing up he caught sight of a flock of birds, flying in unison, performing what appeared to be some sort of acrobatic display.::

::He opened the box, the sun glinting off it, giving it an extra glimmer. After all that had happened, the devastation he had caused to the ship and her crew, and they promoted him. Regardless of what the admiral and the captain had said, he had been at fault. He was the duty tactical officer. He should have picked it up, he should have been on his guard. He leaned back slightly, his back falling into the shade of the enormous beech tree behind it. At least, it resembled a beech tree.::

::The Hanging Gardens had immediately sounded like a location where Anath might be able to find a good place to meditate. While the desert landscapes of her home were very beautiful in their own way, being surrounded by a world of life and green was always relaxing. As she got lost in the colors and scents and sunlight a tree root, slightly sticking up in her path, failed to catch her attention. Failed to catch her attention, that is, until she tripped over it and naturally managed to lose her footing entirely. She fell towards the soft grass on the side of the path, landing on her back with a small groan. When she sat back up, she noticed another member of the crew sitting on a nearby bench, watching her. She could immediately feel herself turning red.::

G’Renn: Oh, hello...

::A small commotion caused Jarred to look up. Sitting on the grass was Anath. He wasn’t sure what had happened, but she looked rather flustered, her features reddening. He closed the lid of the box, placing it into his pocket.::

Thoran: Are you okay over there Lieutenant?

::She didn’t exactly recognize the officer, but judging by his uniform he was either part of security or operations. She could have sworn she’d seen him around the Blackwell before but had no idea who he was.::

G’Renn: Oh, no I’m fine. Thank you for the concern. I was just on my way to meditate.

::He wasn’t quite sure that she was fine, she had after all appeared almost out of nowhere looking very red faced. But, he hard heard what happened to people who disagreed with G’Renn, in fact, she even had the fortitude to give Ferentis, a Pakhwa'thanh, a species which resembled old Earth dinosaurs, he decided it would be safer to agree.::

Thoran: Well that’s umm ::he struggled for the right words:: that’s good to hear. Meditation, i’ve heard a little bit about that, what is it exactly?

G’Renn: Old Vulcan tradition, it helps me clear my head and work through any troubles or conflicts I’m facing.

Thoran: That sounds very ::he paused for a brief moment, reflecting on his own conflicts.:: peaceful.

::Sitting down on the bench by him, she looked over at him. There was something about his posture and the look in his eyes that said there was something weighing on his mind. She didn’t know what it was and wouldn’t pry into the specifics. Yet, if she could offer any way to help she would.::

G’Renn: You look like someone who has a lot on their mind, you might want to try it some time.

::He sidled over, giving her some more space on the bench alongside him. Clasping his hands together, he looked up into the clear blue sky, wishing for the day it reflected his mind. Perhaps this meditation business could help ease his troubled mind.::

Thoran: That is one way to put it. If you don’t mind the intrusion, perhaps I could join you?

G’Renn: By all means, please do.

::Anath smiled and stood, gesturing over to a patch of grass that was relatively free of plant life and with plenty of room to sit down. After removing her shoes she sat down and pulled on her green Klingon tunic, readjusting it before focusing back on the security officer.::

::He was surprised by her lack of resistance. He wasn't sure how he’d feel about somebody wanting to interrupt his private time, then again, perhaps he did look that down. Taking her lead, he stood, slipped his shoes off and stepped over the warm stone path to the well-groomed lawn.::

TBC…

Lieutenant Jarred Thoran

Acting Chief of Security and Tactical

Andaris Task Force, USS Blackwell NCC-58999

A239405JT0

AND

Lieutenant (Junior Grade) Anath G'Renn

Medical Officer, USS Blackwell - Andaris Task Force

A239402AG0