Provide a short description?

juergen...@ascent.de

Oct 4, 2017, 1:54:56 PM10/4/17
to Sayuri - UCI Chess Engine
Hi,

Can y provide a SHORT description to your engine, like this one?
https://github.com/jromang/picochess/blob/master/engines/descriptions.txt

That would be nice. Thanks.

Also the role of sayuLisp is not clear to me. Does it allow me to tweak the eval-values, so i can have many "levels" of sayuri?

Jürgen

石橋宏之利

Oct 6, 2017, 3:54:03 AM10/6/17
to Sayuri - UCI Chess Engine
> Can y provide a SHORT description to your engine, like this one?

I can't write the description, because I'm not very good at English.
But I list features of Sayuri, so could you write it?

  • Sayuri is a weaker chess engine than the other famous engines.
  • Sayuri is a customizable UCI chess engine with Sayulisp.
  • Sayulisp is Scheme-like Lisp interpreter.

> Also the role of sayuLisp is not clear to me.

Honestly, I made Sayulisp for myself.
Purposes of Sayulisp are :

  • Customizing search algorithm.
  • Adjusting evaluation weights.
  • Making chess tools easily.
  • Making machine learning system.

> Does it allow me to tweak the eval-values, so i can have many "levels" of sayuri?

If you want to adjust evaluation weights with Sayulisp, you can use 'Tools/SayulispEditor/sayulisp-editor.py'. (required Python3 and its Tkinter)
If you have done adjusting them and created the script file, then you can run Sayuri with the following command.

sayuri --sayulisp <script file path>

If you want to change source code of Sayuri, you can do what you want.
But I don't merge your changes into my GitHub repository.

Hironori Ishibashi

juergen...@ascent.de

Oct 6, 2017, 4:28:45 AM10/6/17
to Sayuri - UCI Chess Engine
Anata no henji ni ōku no kansha.

i hope, y happy with the sayuri description, i now did :-)

And i wont change your code, cause you implemented the uci in good way - not all developers follow it so in detail.
I just wanted to know, if i can change some eval values this way - i saw already the "tools" part.

Thanks.