SOAP request timeouts in app, works if done on console or copy pasted in SOAPUI

Jokke Heikkilä

Apr 13, 2012, 6:36:04 AM4/13/12
to sav...@googlegroups.com
I've got SOAP request that creates an invoice on receiving end. It has possible attachment base64 encoded inside the soap body thus the request can be a bit 'fat'. I'm having a problem of timeouting the request when there is a attachment. The strange part is that if I create the soap request on rails console there's no problems or networks hangs (the SOAP request I create on console is copy pasted straight from the application code). What could affect this and how could I debug this more?

Also, when the request timeouts with attachment, if I copy the request from the STDOUT and paste it inside SOAPUI and fire away, the request goes through without any problem.

Cheers,
jokke

polo...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2012, 8:59:58 AM4/24/12
to sav...@googlegroups.com
I am having a similar problem, I have a big request and I get a timeout. Could this be because of a buffer overflow? Have you found a solution for this?

Jokke Heikkilä

Apr 24, 2012, 4:07:39 PM4/24/12
to sav...@googlegroups.com

On 24.4.2012, at 15.59, polo...@gmail.com wrote:

> I am having a similar problem, I have a big request and I get a timeout. Could this be because of a buffer overflow? Have you found a solution for this?

This turned out to be really strange. I thought it might be something between the httpi version and the used net adapter (net/http by default if I remember correctly). I started to go back on the httpi gem versions and was having some fairly inconsistent (error) results. Then I swapped the adapter used and first tried HTTPClient and had same problems and finally I tried Curb and suddenly all was fine. But what is really strange is that after using Curb as adapter I once more returned to the original gem/library setup which was failing before and suddenly that was working also again.

So really can't tell what exactly was the problem, but after fiddling with different adapters, now everything works.

Cheers,
jokke