Welcome New Geeks

Margaret Rosas

Oct 21, 2014, 11:59:44 PM10/21/14
to santacr...@googlegroups.com
Greetings all,

Long ago (going on 7+ years ago), we started this list. There seem to be more hours in the day back then ... and some of us recorded them in 12 second snippets. But I digress.

I'm brining back the welcome email and will start with Anthony (see his intro below). When folks sign up we make them tell us what makes them geeky and what they love about Santa Cruz. The welcome email will share what they've written.

Hope all is well with ya'll out there and send out a  warm welcome to Anthony. Feel free to intro yourself if you're looking to connect -- there's about 300+ local geeks on this list. It's a great place to connect with your colleagues and neighbors of the geeky sort.

Best, Margaret

Anthony Ettinger

I'm a pure javascript hacker and love the clean air in Capitola. I'm looking to meet some people who know where all the hidden coworking spots are in south santa cruz county.

Anthony Ettinger

Oct 22, 2014, 2:51:29 AM10/22/14
to santacr...@googlegroups.com
Hey, thanks for the intro!

I've been living here for about 10 years now (transplant from Los Gatos).

I also run the Santa Cruz Javascript meetup if anyone is interested, we are scheduling our next event for 11/6 @6pm

I'm looking to maybe rent a desk at an office somewhere near Aptos/Capitola one day/week if anyone knows anything like that, I'd be interested in talking off-list.