Full-time IT director needed at Chartwell school in seaside

Catherine Mikkelsen

Oct 29, 2014, 8:15:47 PM10/29/14
to santacr...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone:
We moved down here from the silicon valley so my son could attend this small dyslexia school.  It's a nice warm environment, and when they told me that they're looking for an IT director, I figured I'd post it here (hope that's ok.)  Their new director is Canadian.  Nice place, if you want to drive South :-)
cat

 Information Technology Director
Chartwell School - Seaside, CA

Information Technology Director

Chartwell School is looking to hire a full time IT Director that will provide management, oversight, coordination, planning and day to day support on all computerized management information systems including network, database, hardware, software, website, social media and strategic planning.

Essential Functions

  • Consults with administration to analyze computer system needs for management information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to discuss system capacity and equipment acquisitions.
  • Takes a leadership role in developing and implementing the school technology plan
  • Manages technical budgets, allocates resources, and determines appropriate project schedules.
  • Develops a technology resource approach that can be easily accessed by teachers, students and staff.
  • Manages the overall acquisition of hardware and software. Maintains accurate inventories. Establishes guidelines for sharing equipment campus-wide.
  • Evaluates hardware, software, courseware for potential use in instructional or administrative areas.
  • Oversees all day to day support, repair, maintenance, and troubleshooting for the school’s information systems
  • Provides leadership and direction for all website activities including website management, social media management

QUALIFICATIONS

  • Five years experience working in similar capacity as IT Director
  • B.S. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent training and experience
  • Previous supervisory and budgetary experience
  • Demonstrated knowledge in managing hardware and software specific to the school
  • Ability to define problems and implement appropriate solutions
  • Ability to communicate effectively with constituents from the entire school community.
  • Frequently lift up to 30 lb. of computer equipment
  • Crawl under or around furniture to install computer equipment
  • Climb ladders and reach to install computer wiring and perform other tasks
  • Works in standard office conditions and climate