problems with ibus in linux

nitish chandra

Oct 15, 2013, 9:06:16 AM10/15/13
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Usually, Harvard Kyoto uses ` for vigraha. For sanskrit input, I use ibus tool and the language selected is Sanskrit-harvard-kyoto(m17n). Surprisingly, ` is not mapped to vigraha and . is not mapped to ubiquitous vertical line in sanskrit poetry. Is it a bug or some other keyboard mappings are used in this.

OS: Ubuntu 13.04

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Oct 15, 2013, 11:44:30 AM10/15/13
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Ubuntu 13.04 include harvard-kyoto in the m17n package?

Instead, you may be interested in downloading and trying out something more advanced, which I myself use:  ( hi-itranssa-itrans)

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 6:06 AM, nitish chandra <nitishcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Usually, Harvard Kyoto uses ` for vigraha. For sanskrit input, I use ibus tool and the language selected is Sanskrit-harvard-kyoto(m17n). Surprisingly, ` is not mapped to vigraha and . is not mapped to ubiquitous vertical line in sanskrit poetry. Is it a bug or some other keyboard mappings are used in this.

OS: Ubuntu 13.04

Vishvas /विश्वासः

nitish chandra

Oct 15, 2013, 3:58:04 PM10/15/13
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the links. I am so used to HK scheme and I want to edit the harvard kyoto file to get the vigraha. But, while editing the .mim file, how do I put the vigraha into the file if I cannot even type visarga using my input?

As for the first question, I installed the HK scheme myself and it is not shipped with Ubuntu 13.04

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Oct 15, 2013, 8:46:49 PM10/15/13
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
copy this: ऽ