Fwd: Fw: [Samskrita] Re: Phonetic IME Software for typing in Devanagari etc.

विश्वासो वासुकेयः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Feb 20, 2013, 2:43:08 PM2/20/13
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sanskrit Team member <sans...@cheerful.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: [Samskrita] Re: Phonetic IME Software for typing in Devanagari etc.
To: Sunder Hattangadi <sun...@yahoo.com>, maulik...@gmail.com, Shree Devi Kumar <shree...@gmail.com>, VishvAs VAsuki <vishvas...@gmail.com>

Sunderji,

Thanks for forwarding the message.  BhashaIME appears to be an excellent tool.

Let me know if and when you try it.

Maulik, as I know Baraha team has unfortunately gone commercial, charging $50 per installation for their software suit.  The free part is not of much use.  Is only IME portion open source?  Baraha Direct is part of suit.

Nandu

From: Maulik D. Mavani <maulik...@gmail.com>
To: sams...@googlegroups.com
Date: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 2:46 AM

Dear Venkat ji,

Congratulations on your effort. While I appreciate it, I'd like to ask you how different it is from BARAHA IME, another open source software.  It works with all MS Office documents, and also on online html or other interactive web pages.
It transliterates input into several scripts, almost all representing the Indian Constitution's scheduled languages.

How can your efforts be evolved to improve tagging of online available content in Indian languages?
How can online translation services be made more grammatically correct and "SMART"? Awaiting your valuable inputs.

Namaskar.
Maulik Mavani.

On Wednesday, December 7, 2011 5:53:14 PM UTC+5:30, yajva wrote:
Dear friends,

I have tried to develop a software for typing Devanagari, e-Grantha (including Vedic accents for both), Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu and roman/IAST scripts. The IME is phonetic ie. you type devanaagarii to get देवनागरी and shriimaan veGkaTanaathaaryaH to get श्रीमान् वेङ्कटनाथार्यः।

Besides, the IME also supports transcripting Unicode-to-Unicode and Non-Unicode-to-Unicode.

The platform is Windows.

More details available in the User's reference manual.

To download, go to the following links->goto "File" menu->click "Download"

The software is free for all purposes.

Kindly send your feedback to bhas...@gmail.com

BhashaIME User Reference.pdf - https://docs.google.com/open? id= 0B4uo7Dp5rwXSZTQ5MGY0ZTItOWQyO C00OTQ2LThmOGMtODJlYmEyZGFkODE 2
BhashaIME550.exe - https://docs.google.com/open? id= 0B4uo7Dp5rwXSNTcyNWZkMGEtZjU3M y00NThlLWI1NTMtOGUxNzNkYjU4MTQ 1

Regards
Venkat

-

Learn Sanskrit! Love Sanskrit!! Live Sanskrit!!!
http://www.sanskritdocuments.org

Vishvas /विश्वासः