my kojo repository

Pradyumna Achar

Apr 26, 2015, 12:50:49 PM4/26/15
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
नमस्ते!
अद्य मया एकस्मिन् Kojo fork क्र्रुतम् | (hope it's not a totally botched up sentence :)
https://bitbucket.org/pradyumna_achar/kojo

Will try to put up a little UI in Kojo to let the students experiment with sandhi (i.e. this piece of the plan):
"Sandhi (a lot of background would already have been setup by the "varnmala" task above, one should be able to explain why <पाण्डवा: च एव> becomes <पाण्डवाश्चैव> - where does that श् come from? )" [http://sanskrit-kojo.wikidot.com/plan]

Mārcis Gasūns

Apr 26, 2015, 1:37:35 PM4/26/15
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Sounds interesting, nothing yet to be understood.

विपुल पाण्डे

Apr 26, 2015, 6:36:38 PM4/26/15
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
नमस्ते प्रद्युम्न

Great going! I haven’t been able to do much on this front yet but Krishnakumar is on the verge of completing “Sanskritization” of kojo. After which the menus should appear in Sanskrit and one should be able to write basic programs using sanskrit commands. Although, we would need a lot of feedback from the community to fix the translation as we both are still new the language (and learning at our our own pace).

On the other hand though, I tried putting together my  (unoriginal) thoughts on varnmala in a writeup here :  http://sanskrit-kojo.wikidot.com/physics-of-pronunciation
Disclaimer : It’s a draft - a work in progress - and it’s no where near completion even from my standards.

Vishvas was kind enough to point me to a source which goes into much greater depths to explain “physics of pronunciation” and I’m going to start reading it and incorporating the knowledge in the writeup (and code) soon. We can then use it to enhance the UI you are working on.
(btw, the plan there was the first draft. Please feel free to suggest any modifications or addition to the plan which you feel would be more apt and we can mould it accordingly)

Thanks again for picking this thread up. Look forward to working more closely in near future.

शुभम्
विपुलपाण्डेयः