SanskritAccent - an accent generator

dhaval patel

Oct 16, 2015, 12:45:25 AM10/16/15
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com, indo...@list.indology.info, samskrita, sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

We are happy to present before you our project SanskritAccent - a computational simulation of फिट्सूत्रs.

Expected outcome -
1. The code converts an unaccented word into accented version with help of फिट्सूत्रs.
e.g. कश्यप -> कश्य॑प.
2. The code also shows the फिट्सूत्र responsible for the accent (in this case पान्तानां गुर्वादीनाम् ).
Online testing - http://www.sanskritworld.in/sanskrittool/SanskritAccent/accent.html

N.B. -
1. Currently we have considered only फिट्सूत्रs. धातुस्वरः, समासस्वरः and प्रत्ययस्वरः are not incorporated as of yet.
3. We have relied on three books - (1) zAntanava's phiTsUtras by F. Kielhorn (2) svarasiddhAntacandrikA of zrInivAsayajvan and (3) siddhAntakaumudI with subodhinI commentary.

Sample image -

Inline image 4

Thaking you,

Dr. Dhaval Patel, I.A.S and Shivakumari Katuri