Sanskrit Books with Devanagari OCR Layer

Mārcis Gasūns

Nov 11, 2013, 4:13:07 PM11/11/13
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

  It is possible to add an OCR layer of devanagari to a batch of images now. If you have a source .pdf file export to .jpg and if file is not too huge (200+ pages), than I might try to OCR it one day.
  Feel free to add to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dr2DNOITiCHzDktWGr7QIt4CkHTHnp1cB4lfwU9rePw/edit#heading=h.i5dab55s75ng - there is a list of books that are ready and books that are not yet. It handles Hindi as well, but it's made for Sanskrit because of the ligatures.

M.G.
LanmanDevanagari-specimen.pdf

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Nov 14, 2013, 2:32:54 PM11/14/13
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
http://www.sanskrit.nic.in/DigitalBook/K/kuvalayanand.pdf  <- -wish this were copy-pasteable. OCR/ de-pdfing candidate

Vishvas /विश्वासः

Anunad Singh

Nov 15, 2013, 4:12:51 AM11/15/13
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
It is copy-pastable. But the output is in narada (Kritideva10). I am sending you the Unicode Devanagari version achieved using Kritidev10 to Unicode font converter.

-- अनुनादः

Mārcis Gasūns

Nov 15, 2013, 12:20:20 PM11/15/13

On Friday, 15 November 2013 13:12:51 UTC+4, Anunad Singh wrote:
It is copy-pastable. But the output is in narada (Kritideva10). I am sending you the Unicode Devanagari version achieved using Kritidev10 to Unicode font converter.

Right, not only copy-pastable, but initially digital. That is even more important.
vejhdcjhHkkjHkzejheq[kjhd`reA
nwjhdjksrq nqfjra xkSjhpj.ki³~dte~AA1AA

अमरीकबरीभारभ्रमरीमुखरीकृतम।
दूरीकरोतु दुरितं गौरीचरणप³कजम।।1।।