Re: OCR

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

May 10, 2016, 2:30:16 PM5/10/16
to Vipin Kumar, sanskrit-programmers
+sanskrit-programmers - fyi - importance of scanning clean images.

Two images are attached. These have been generated by scanning and cleaning by HP Scanjet 200 . These images give excellent results on transformation by Google Drive. The efficiency may be 95-100%. On the other hand, uncleaned image conversion is very poor.
Vipin Kumar

Vishvas /विश्वासः

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

May 11, 2016, 11:59:58 AM5/11/16
to Vipin Kumar, sanskrit-programmers

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः

May 11, 2016, 8:14:50 PM5/11/16
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 11:59 PM, विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki) <vishvas...@gmail.com> wrote:
Two images are attached. These have been generated by scanning and cleaning by HP Scanjet 200 .

I could see only one image in your next mail.
And, what is this 'cleaning' by HP scanner? I can't see any ​such option there.
If you mean grayscale or any other thing, please clarify.

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः
www.lalitaalaalitah.com

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

May 11, 2016, 9:53:37 PM5/11/16
to sanskrit-programmers, Vipin Kumar
+vipin - can you answer?

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

May 12, 2016, 1:15:44 AM5/12/16
to Vipin Kumar, sanskrit-programmers
+sanskrit-programmers

In the message below, http://imgur.com/BpccPBG works, while http://imgur.com/cqw2taj does not (looks like the detected language is Korean!!).

For further questions, please contact shrI vipin directly and post a summary of what you found on the mailing list. (That is, in case shrI vipin seems unable or unwilling to post on the list directly.)

If one rotates the image, cleaning is automatically done. If rotation is not required, then at right top of screen of HP scanner, there is option of original image or single image. Original image is gray image. single image is white. I am attaching both the images. Google drive does not convert original gray image.
Vipin