How are Stardict files be created

Anunad Singh

Mar 2, 2016, 11:11:04 PM3/2/16
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com

How can Stardict files be created from plain text files having the following format-

word1 (tab) definition1
word2 (tab) definition2...

-- Anunad

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Mar 2, 2016, 11:52:36 PM3/2/16
to sanskrit-programmers
Use the tabfile program, as described in pages linked here https://sites.google.com/site/sanskritcode/dictionaries#TOC-Dictionary-making-tips .

However, I recommend using the superior yet simple babylon format instead:
====
headword1|synonym1
meaning1

headword2
meaning2

====

If you're thinking of making a dict in hindi, sanskrit, paLi or kannada, you're welcome to contribute to the repositories linked in the above page directly. (Advantages of doing so: you can exploit existing infrastructure to distribute these dictionaries, process them to add latin-alphabet headwords) यद्यासक्तोऽसि वद मित्र।

Vishvas /विश्वासः

Anunad Singh

Mar 3, 2016, 12:08:25 AM3/3/16
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Vishvas. I think I can do it now.

- anunAda