Sanskrit Hyphenation

Mārcis Gasūns

Nov 15, 2013, 4:58:54 PM11/15/13
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

  I've been lucky enough to find a Sanskrit hyphenation pattern for TeX (880 lines of code, 159 lines of code multiplied in several scripts) by Yves Codet. But Windows still lacks one. Can we add one for MS Office? See

I've been able to find only one open solution for hyphenation of Indian languages from http://thottingal.in/blog/ Santhosh Thottingal (before it was http://santhoshtr.livejournal.com/15266.html). I've emailed him today, hope I get an answer one day. If it's open, it should not be bad at all. At least it is smarter than http://metadesignsolutions.com/products/spellplus.php

Same idea http://savannah-nongnu-org.ip-connect.vn.ua/smc/Spellchecker/ would apply to a Sanskrit spell checker.

  • 137532 words in ml.wl (compiled by Santhosh)
  • 266820 words in sa.wl (compiled by myself)

Smaller issues.
% Break between a and i or u in hiatus.
a3ï1
a3ü1
I would add the list of the 190 or so words with hiatus (http://pastie.org/8483570), so they would not turn bad even if the needed markup is gone.

M.
savannah-nongnu-org.gif
sa-wordlist.zip

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Nov 15, 2013, 5:43:47 PM11/15/13

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Mārcis Gasūns <gas...@gmail.com> wrote:
Same idea http://savannah-nongnu-org.ip-connect.vn.ua/smc/Spellchecker/ would apply to a Sanskrit spell checker.

  • 137532 words in ml.wl (compiled by Santhosh)
  • 266820 words in sa.wl (compiled by myself)

+1  - Can you publish this word list on github?

PS: FWIW, I keep adding some of the software you find to a list here.

Vishvas /विश्वासः

Mārcis Gasūns

Nov 15, 2013, 5:57:59 PM11/15/13
On Saturday, 16 November 2013 02:43:47 UTC+4, विश्वासो वासुकिजः wrote:
+1  - Can you publish this word list on github?
Sure, when I will have the Windows solution of using it, why not :)

PS: FWIW, I keep adding some of the software you find to a list here.
Got it. Your list is interesting and hope in 2014 I can comment it. I have a comment on almost every paragraph.

Mārcis Gasūns

Dec 3, 2013, 6:04:23 PM12/3/13
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

  Help from India would be appreciated, thanks.

        a1
a1ṛṇi1n
a1ṃśa12ka
a1ṃśa12ka2raṇa1