Stardict dictionary updater - colordict problems

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Feb 25, 2017, 12:18:45 AM2/25/17
to sanskrit-programmers
(Archinving the below here for future reference/ help)

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Star dict Dictionary Updater
------------------------

From: Aneesh Muliyala <aneesh....@gmail.com>
Date: 2017-02-22 20:55 GMT-08:00
To: vishvas...@gmail.com

I'm using stardict dictionary files. It was very much useful. But after installation of  latest version of stardict dictionary updater im facing some errora. Its not working properly. Most of dictionaries showing blank( for ex. Attached screen shot of color dict page.

----------
From: विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki) <vishvas...@gmail.com>
Date: 2017-02-22 21:14 GMT-08:00
To: Aneesh Muliyala <aneesh....@gmail.com>

No screenshot attached.

Which dictionary app are you using? Try rescanning the dictionaries from the app.

If not, a possible resolution is to:
* close your dictionary app.
* Install TotalCommander and delete all contents of the dictdata folder of your SDCard.
* Run stardict Dictionary Updater again.
* start your dictionary app again, rescan dictionaries.

I'm using stardict dictionary files. It was very much useful. But after installation of  latest version of stardict dictionary updater im facing some errora. Its not working properly. Most of dictionaries showing blank( for ex. Attached screen shot of color dict page.

Vishvas /विश्वासः

----------
From: Aneesh Muliyala <aneesh....@gmail.com>
Date: 2017-02-22 21:15 GMT-08:00
To: "विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)" <vishvas...@gmail.com>

----------
From: Aneesh Muliyala <aneesh....@gmail.com>
Date: 2017-02-22 23:03 GMT-08:00
To: "विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)" <vishvas...@gmail.com>

I tried as you told. But couldn't get result. Onli 'HI-SHABDASAGAR' is working. All others showing blank.

----------
From: विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki) <vishvas...@gmail.com>
Date: 2017-02-23 7:28 GMT-08:00
To: Aneesh Muliyala <aneesh....@gmail.com>

I tried as you told.

​Please explain in detail what you tried and what you saw..​

Vishvas /विश्वासः

----------
From: Aneesh Muliyala <aneesh....@gmail.com>
Date: 2017-02-23 8:15 GMT-08:00
To: "विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)" <vishvas...@gmail.com>

I'm using Color Dict dictionary app. As you told I installed total commander app and deleted all dictdata folders and ran stardict updater. But I'm facing same issue that only Hi-shabdasagar dictionary is showing meanings. But all other dictionaries showing heading which I searched. But there no any letters.

----------
From: विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki) <vishvas...@gmail.com>
Date: 2017-02-23 8:42 GMT-08:00
To: Aneesh Muliyala <aneesh....@gmail.com>

I think I am beginning to guess what could be happening. We switched to distributing compressed ditct.dz files. But colordict does not support them, while goldendict paid (which I normally use) does. Colordict seems to extract dict.dz files to dict files upon indexing. On my phone, lookup started to work in colordict after reindexing **a couple of times**.

I don't know why you are getting blanks, though. Can you use Total Commander and confirm that dictdata/vAchaspatyam-sa contains vAchaspatyam-sa.dict?

----------
From: Aneesh Muliyala <aneesh....@gmail.com>
Date: 2017-02-24 19:49 GMT-08:00
To: "विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)" <vishvas...@gmail.com>

Thanks for cooperate. May be its problem of colordict app.
I uninstalled colordict , installed 'Dict Aid' app. Its working no problem.

धन्यवादाः

----------
From: विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki) <vishvas...@gmail.com>
Date: 2017-02-24 21:16 GMT-08:00
To: Aneesh Muliyala <aneesh....@gmail.com>

Great - could you please update your review to add that tip?

Vishvas /विश्वासः

Screenshot_2017-02-23-10-19-34.png
Screenshot_2017-02-23-21-44-02.png
Screenshot_2017-02-23-21-40-31.png
Screenshot_2017-02-23-10-19-34.png

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः

Feb 25, 2017, 7:05:46 AM2/25/17
to sanskrit-programmers

Same for me. Spent my whole data pack to update files multiple times. Same fate.
First it didn't even show blank results. Now it shows blank results.

dhaval patel

Feb 25, 2017, 7:13:22 AM2/25/17
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Reindexing worked for me. Earlier I also didnt get suggestions for headwords. Now it is working properly.

But not sure why blank entries are seen in your cases.

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Feb 25, 2017, 10:17:05 AM2/25/17
to sanskrit-programmers

Same for me. Spent my whole data pack to update files multiple times. Same fate.
First it didn't even show blank results. Now it shows blank results.

​which version of colordict ​app do you have?

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः

Feb 25, 2017, 10:31:01 AM2/25/17
to sanskrit-programmers

I'm on 4.4.1, on all my devices. Two are not working, where I updated multiple times.
The third device downloaded only few new dictionaries, it seems to work fine.
I reindexed multiple times. Can't see any result on both.
I'm not willing to do experiment with third one.

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Feb 26, 2017, 11:29:26 AM2/26/17
to sanskrit-programmers

I'm on 4.4.1, on all my devices. Two are not working, where I updated multiple times.
The third device downloaded only few new dictionaries, it seems to work fine.
I reindexed multiple times. Can't see any result on both.
I'm not willing to do experiment with third one.

​Can you use Total Commander and confirm that dictdata/vAchaspatyam-sa contains vAchaspatyam-sa.dict? Perhaps we should also try writing to t​he colordict developer - sup...@socialnmobile.com ..

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः

Feb 28, 2017, 4:00:54 AM2/28/17
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
I checked, everything expected was present.
I think, I should try to copy dict files from working to non-working ones, to check the result/luck.
Anyway, just to add - I used your app to update dict files.

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः

Mar 15, 2017, 1:24:19 PM3/15/17
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
I deleted vedic-rituals-hi files. Now everything appears fine.

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Mar 15, 2017, 4:04:54 PM3/15/17
to sanskrit-programmers
सूचनया सत् कृतम्। तास् सञ्चिकाः सम्यगेव दृश्यन्ते - नैतावदभिजानामि समस्याहेतुम्। sup...@socialnmobile.com इत्यत्राऽपि वचनम् उचितं स्यात् colordict=प्रयोक्तृभिः।

I deleted vedic-rituals-hi files. Now everything appears fine.