whatsapp group for sanskrit computation discussion

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Feb 22, 2017, 12:59:34 PM2/22/17
to sanskrit-programmers
​bvp to BCC.​ + sanskrit-programmers, edit subject

​Of course, if there is  a project of immediate mutual interest, I (or others) would be happy to collaborate. It is perhaps a good idea to advertise such projects on (say) the sanskrit programmers mailing list to see if there are takers.
 The list seems rather dead, even Dhaval's posts which are easy to understand and contribute get no reaction.

​To be fair, dhaval's emails tend to be of the announcement-type, which don't necessarily expect an acknowledgement.​ Contrast with queries such as https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sanskrit-programmers/REazkGofPCE , where a response is expected and needed. So, the list is far from dead.

​​
Let's try a Skype conference?

Ah - timezone issues.​ How about exchanging asyncrhonous whatsapp (voice?) messages to start off with to invite more participation? Interested folks please join:

Actually, Oliver answers emails as well, so a lot can be done, if there is more than me and him.
​Sometimes he does, sure. There was talk about making DCS open source ( https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sanskrit-programmers/Zdj80IzI--U/3tvh-F8xCAAJ ) , and there seemed to be some warm response. Nothing after that - so I wonder if he's made up his mind.​

To makes up his mind I've been emailing him since 2010. Every year. A few times. It's not a matter of one email. Please write again. And one month after. I've been speaking on skype on that with him, asking people who meet him to remind that. It's you who can make warm hot and not he.

​Oh! That sounds so tiresome. Hope you succeed.​

Vishvas /विश्वासः