Sanskrit linguistic data

Arun Prasad

Apr 6, 2015, 11:28:46 PM4/6/15
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
There are various sources of Sanskrit linguistic data available online, but they vary widely in coverage and quality. So I've spent some time collating the best of this data into a simple format that's easy to use.

There are still some problems to work out, but I think that this data is useful enough right now that it's worth sharing:

  https://github.com/sanskrit/data

Please report any data issues either here or on the GitHub page.

Mārcis Gasūns

Apr 7, 2015, 11:10:29 AM4/7/15
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Arun, it's amazing work, love to see https://github.com/sanskrit/data/blob/master/learnsanskrit.org/nominal-endings-inflected.csv
https://github.com/sanskrit/data/tree/master/monier-williams lacks the date it was downloaded from the Cologen site. That's important. Because hundreds of mistakes (OCR, digital mistakes) have been fixed in MW in the last 6 months alone.
Otherwise I would love to see Dhaval's generator to test some of these and to hear his verdict.