Re: website for sanskrit : need help in translation

विश्वासो वासुकेयः

Oct 18, 2016, 11:06:55 AM10/18/16
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्, sanskrit-programmers
+ sanskrit-programmers who will be interested in the word cloud generation feature. Please consider publishing your algorithm and link to the (hopefully opensource) code there.

As a general comment colon(:) should be avoided as a punctuation mark as it will be confused with visarga (ः) - see the hindii line below. Use - instead.

रविवार, 16 अक्टूबर 2016 को 8:55:17 अपर UTC-7 को, Ashish Negi ने लिखा:
Hi
I am making a website for Sanskrit. I would like to show all sentences on the website in Sanskrit only.
I am not good in Sanskrit so, can some one help me in translating following sentences ? :
Only sentences in italics appear on website. Other sentences are for explaining the context.

1. Sanskell : word cloud generator for sanskrit websites
संस्कृतशब्दाभ्रजनकम्।

2. Job successfully received.. It will take some time to process it.
     Here job means that some work was assigned to the site.
गृहीतो कार्यनिर्देशः। तत् कर्तुं कश्चन कालावधिरपेक्षितः।

3. Any sanskrit website name
किमपि संस्कृतजालक्षेत्त्रनाम?

4. Change values to play with word cloud
मात्राः परिवर्त्य शब्दाभ्रेण क्रीडतु

5. Word cloud :

Word cloud is an image which is made by collecting words of the website. (most used words appear in big font)
शब्दाभ्रः -
शब्दाभ्रो नाम चित्रं किञ्चन यज्जालक्षेत्रस्थितशब्दसमुच्चयनेन सृज्यते। (प्रायेण शब्दा बृहद्भिरक्षरैः दृश्न्यन्ते।)

6. Some cool word-cloud for you:
केचन शोभनशब्दाभ्रा भवते -

7. Failed to post job. Please try after some time.
कार्यनिर्देशरक्षणे वैफल्यम्! कमपि कालावधिं दत्त्वा प्रयतताम्।

8. Still working on your job:
त्वत्कार्यं क्रियमाणम् अधुनाऽपि।

9. You can view the word cloud at:
शब्दाभ्रम् अत्र द्रष्टुं शक्यम् -

10. Failed to get job status. Please try again.
कार्यस्थितेर्लाभे वैफल्यम्! पुनः प्रयतताम्।
11. Failed to get data. Please try again.
दत्तसङ्ग्रहणे वैफल्यम्! पुनः प्रयतताम्।

12. Make word cloud
शब्दाभ्रं सृज।

13. Be the first one to generate a word-cloud of sanskrit website.
संस्कृतजालक्षेत्रशब्दाभ्रप्रथमजनको भव!

14. Could not parse.
(दत्तस्य) अवगतौ वैफल्यम्।

I hope that i will be able to share with you the joy of creating this website soon.
If there are any questions, please respond with them.

Thanks

विश्वासो वासुकेयः

Oct 18, 2016, 11:09:37 AM10/18/16
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्, sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
अहो लिङ्गप्रमादो जातः।  शोध्यते।

मंगलवार, 18 अक्टूबर 2016 को 8:06:54 पूर्व UTC-7 को, विश्वासो वासुकेयः ने लिखा:
[...]

शब्दाभ्रम् -
शब्दाभ्रं नाम चित्रं किञ्चन यज्जालक्षेत्रस्थितशब्दसमुच्चयनेन सृज्यते। (प्रायेण शब्दा बृहद्भिरक्षरैः दृश्न्यन्ते।)

6. Some cool word-cloud for you:
केचन शोभनशब्दाभ्रा भवते -
कानिचन शोभनशब्दाभ्राणि भवते -

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Oct 19, 2016, 2:29:09 PM10/19/16
to bhAratIya-vidvat-pariShad भारतीय-विद्वत्परिषद्, sanskrit-programmers

Word Cloud generator is a well studied problem. I have used simple algorithm of word counting.

​Do रामस्य and रामाय count as separate words for your algorithm? If so, unfortunately, the results will be very unimpressive.​

Vishvas /विश्वासः

Ashish Negi

Oct 19, 2016, 10:54:33 PM10/19/16
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्, sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Yes they are different. You are right that this means unimpressive results..
But i would be my second step..

However, there is something interesting that can be achieved with current strategy.
This tells us the "right" picture of real world Sanskrit usage. Once we know which words are most used,
we can create Anki decks for beginners of Sanskrit learners.

About Anki : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anki_(software)
anki code : https://github.com/dae/anki

Ashish Negi

Aug 15, 2017, 6:27:24 AM8/15/17
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्, sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
I never got back to working on this.
But if somebody wants to see limited version of website , please have a look at : http://sanskell.herokuapp.com/
If somebody need crawler for website, they can use code given in github links above.