converter

Usha Sanka

Feb 7, 2014, 1:10:19 PM2/7/14
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Namaste
There is a problem with converter.

Tried this one-
DVW-TTSurekh-Normal+to-Unicode_converter02.htm

I tried to change some text from Surekh to Unicode Devanagari.
The result is shown in attachment. (image snippet)

The original verses are here-
येनाक्षरसमाम्नायमधिगम्यमहेश्वरात् ।
कृत्स्नं व्याकरणं प्रोक्तं तस्मै पाणिनये नमः ।

पाणिनि-कात्यायन-पतञ्जलि-प्रवर्तितं व्याकरणशास्त्रं वेदपुरुषस्य मुखरूपेण कीर्तितम्।

धातुर्ब्रह्मैव सम्प्रोक्तो जीव आख्यातमुच्यते ।

प्रकृतिः कृत्सुबन्तादिः धातुर्ब्रह्मात्मने नमः ।।

I have huge texts to convert from I-leap Surekh (and Hemalatha) font into Unicode Devanagari. [I had planned to internally change Hemalatha to Yogesh or Surekh and try Unicode Devenagari and then in turn change it to Gautami.] But it is failing me right in the first step. Not converting the very direct Surekh font.

One more issue is I-leap does not work in Windows 7 (or does it? Didn't work for me!) So I had to convert text to PDF and then try the conversion.

Do these converters work better in Windows XP-professional?

Is there any other way or place on web where I can get good conversion? Could some more time of waiting yield good converters? Will time and technology make them better?

Please guide me.

Thankyou.

Converter.JPG

Divya Sthali

Mar 28, 2014, 2:59:18 PM3/28/14
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
ileap working fine on my Windows 7 desktop