Transliterator enhanced with All Indian Scripts

egangot...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2017, 12:25:10 PM9/14/17
to sanskrit-programmers
Dear All:

I have done several enhancements to my Transliterator.

Most important is speed streamlining and now larger texts are getting processed in very low time.

All Indian Scripts have been introduced but I am not sure how the output is correct.

For every Language I will be happy to work with volunteers who can point the errors. I may introduce Tibetan/Simhala/Thai etc if these follow the same pattern as Other Indic Language Tools.

I have also moved my Monier Williams Sanskrit Dictionary under the indicTools umbrella.

All jars and screen shots can be downloaded from below.

https://github.com/eGangotri/indicTools/tree/master/latestJarForUse

Chetan Pandey
President, eGangotri Trust

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Sep 14, 2017, 1:46:22 PM9/14/17
to sanskrit-programmers
Thanks for the announcement, Chetan.

For your code to have the greatest impact, you should publish it to maven (Example https://github.com/sanskrit-coders/indic-transliteration , which likely includes an early version of your code) . This is easy (after some investment of time during the initial setup); and will enable others to use your code easily as a dependency.

Vishvas /विश्वासः

egangot...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2017, 10:58:04 AM9/17/17
to sanskrit-programmers
Dear Vishwas:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Well, the Code is in Gradle already. I don't use maven, I user gradle/sbt respectively for groovy/scala.

This code I have is in an integrated package that includes Sandhi and Monier Williams DIctionary.

And critical differences Is the speed optimizations using groovy parallel processing.

As always feel free to use it or modify it as you please

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Sep 17, 2017, 11:14:47 AM9/17/17
to sanskrit-programmers
namaste chetan,

You seem to have misunderstood my suggestion. I am talking about the maven repository, not the maven build-tool. You can use gradle, sbt, maven or some other build system to conveniently say: "I depend on egangotri indic tools from the maven repository for this project". But, to do that, your package has to be published in the maven repository: for example, see: https://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Ccom.github.sanskrit-coders%7Cindic-transliteration%7C1.5%7Cjar

On a side note: Great to (finally) find another scala programmer!

eGangotri Digital Preservation Trust

Sep 17, 2017, 11:27:28 AM9/17/17
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
oh I see what you mean, I was actually thinking you meant the mvnrepo
but yes that's a great suggestion, I will love ot execute it.
>> email to sanskrit-program...@googlegroups.com.
>

> --
> --
> Vishvas /विश्वासः
>
> --

Thanks and Regards,

http://egangotri.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/eGangotrigranthanaam/
https://github.com/eGangotri/
https://twitter.com/eGangotri
https://instagram.com/egangotritrust
https://archive.org/details/@dharmarthatrustjk
https://archive.org/details/@dharmathatrustjk
https://archive.org/details/@indologicalbooks
https://archive.org/details/@navalkishorepress
https://archive.org/details/@urducollectionofprofshahidamin
https://archive.org/details/@kashmirresearchinstitute
https://archive.org/details/@upss_manuscripts

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Sep 18, 2017, 11:46:28 AM9/18/17
to sanskrit-programmers
Great! And, while you publish to any repository, it is a good idea to publish separate modules for separate tasks, rather than putting everything into a generic "indic tools" package. That makes it convenient for users (one might be interested in your transliterator but not the metrical identifier); and makes the relevant tools more discoverable (one might just search for "transliterate" or "transliteration" in the package name).

> --
> --
> Vishvas /विश्वासः

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Oct 4, 2017, 9:07:52 PM10/4/17
to sanskrit-programmers
namaste chetan,

I just looked at your egangotri uploader( here) .
For a certain podcast project, I am also in need of a scala compatible archive-uploader api - I wonder if your library would do the job. What do you think? In any case, you should publish this to the maven repository also.

eGangotri Digital Preservation Trust

Oct 4, 2017, 11:46:08 PM10/4/17
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Should since it's in groovy a jvm language

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Oct 4, 2017, 11:53:57 PM10/4/17
to sanskrit-programmers
 you can use this, chetan - https://github.com/bmuschko/gradle-nexus-plugin . Let me know how it goes because I'll try to then use your lib with a dependency.

eGangotri Digital Preservation Trust

Oct 4, 2017, 11:57:29 PM10/4/17
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Let me see, I may not have the bandwidth for now.