Introducing the work of Martin and the vedic society.

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Apr 8, 2016, 6:26:00 PM4/8/16
to sanskrit-programmers, Martin Gluckman
आत्मीयाः! नमस्करोमि।

Recently I had an opportunity to skype with Martin Gluckman of the vedicsociety.org (located in puducherri area). Several are the attempts his group is making towards improving the condition of sanskrit in the digital era:

  • In attempting to bridge together the various "islands of work" that exist in the Sanskrit processing world, he has taken special attempts at getting the various parties to talk with each other (eg. Oliver Hellwig, Google OCR team, Google Translate team, Peter Scharf,  etc..)
  • They have written several impressive tools for sanskrit learners. Please visit this presentation and see http://sanskritdictionary.com/frequency/

​Going forward, I have made/ make the following requests of Martin:
Looking forward to
​fruitful
 collaborations​
!​
Vishvas /विश्वासः

Sebastian Nehrdich

May 23, 2016, 6:13:22 AM5/23/16
to sanskrit-programmers, mar...@vedicsociety.org
Hello,

I think it would be a very great gift the have the data from the DCS published on github. Yes there are some different islands of research and getting them together to collaborate is a very noble and worthwhile thing to do.
I personally dream of an OSS Sanskrit POS-tagger, yet the road to get there is still very very long and any opportunity to mutually benefit from each other's effort is important.
With best wishes,

Sebastian