Indian languages in Mobile

Usha Sanka

Sep 13, 2015, 12:12:27 PM9/13/15
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Namaste
Is there a Mobile app which helps in Indian languages typing?
Thank you
--
"-यद्गत्वा न निवर्तन्ते तद्धाम परमं मम"

Sanjay Kalluparambil

Sep 13, 2015, 1:39:46 PM9/13/15
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
नमस्ते !

You may try using INSCRIPT keyboard on Smart Phones, Mac, Windows and Linux for most Indian language.

Here is a video (rest of videos will be available as suggestions) to do so on the Mac. Google for instruction for Windows and Linux.

The advantage is that there are only minor changes between languages. For example, Malayalam has more keys than Sanskrit while most of the swaraaH and vyanjanaani keys are the same.

सञ्जय कल्लुपरम्बिलः

i-दूरवाण्या प्रेषितम्।
जयतु संस्कृतम्। जयतु मनुकुलम्।

Sanjay Kalluparambil

Sep 13, 2015, 1:43:37 PM9/13/15
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to mention Sangam keyboards for iPhone. They have most language keyboards for free and with autocorrect and word suggestions.

image1.PNG

सञ्जय कल्लुपरम्बिलः

i-दूरवाण्या प्रेषितम्।
जयतु संस्कृतम्। जयतु मनुकुलम्।

On Sep 13, 2015, at 12:12 PM, Usha Sanka <usha....@gmail.com> wrote:

Mārcis Gasūns

Sep 15, 2015, 2:13:36 PM9/15/15
to sanskrit-programmers

On Sunday, 13 September 2015 20:43:37 UTC+3, Sanjay Kalluparambil wrote:
I forgot to mention Sangam keyboards for iPhone. They have most language keyboards for free and with autocorrect and word suggestions.

Sanskrit autocorrect - wow. I thought I invented it. I'm late.

ken p

Sep 17, 2015, 2:47:35 PM9/17/15
to sanskrit-programmers

Usha Sanka