name for program

Michael Bykov

Aug 4, 2016, 10:18:01 AM8/4/16
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

how could you name a string 'क. भू. धा. वि.', or string 'past.perf.part' - a results of morph analysis? I am interesting in a traditional name.

how could you name a program - converter of that strings from tranditional notation to european and vise versa?

Something like 'converter-hind-to-eu-morph-notation.js' is not so funny and usable, I believe.

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Aug 4, 2016, 12:40:34 PM8/4/16
to sanskrit-programmers

how could you name a string 'क. भू. धा. वि.', or string 'past.perf.part' - a results of morph analysis? I am interesting in a traditional name.
​An example (ie which morphological element is being annotated) would be helpful. ​
​It is unclear what
'क. भू. धा. वि.' stands for.

how could you name a program - converter of that strings from tranditional notation to european and vise versa?

​Nice idea!​

Something like 'converter-hind-to-eu-morph-notation.js' is not so funny and usable, I believe.

Vishvas /विश्वासः

Michael Bykov

Aug 5, 2016, 7:22:08 AM8/5/16
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com

how could you name a string 'क. भू. धा. वि.', or string 'past.perf.part' - a results of morph analysis? I am interesting in a traditional name.
​An example (ie which morphological element is being annotated) would be helpful. ​
​It is unclear what
'क. भू. धा. वि.' stands for.

It was an arbitrary, the first available under the arm - example from https://grammarofsanskrit.wordpress.com/category/धातवः-verbs -

Past passive participles (ppp) कर्मणि भूतकालवाचक धातुसाधित विशेषणानि (क. भू. धा. वि.)

how could you name a program - converter of that strings from tranditional notation to european and vise versa?

​Nice idea!​

But how could you name it?

Something like 'converter-hind-to-eu-morph-notation.js' is not so funny and usable, I believe.

Vishvas /विश्वासः

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Aug 5, 2016, 11:40:59 AM8/5/16
to sanskrit-programmers

It was an arbitrary, the first available under the arm - example from https://grammarofsanskrit.wordpress.com/category/धातवः-verbs -

Past passive participles (ppp)
​​
कर्मणि भूतकालवाचक धातुसाधित विशेषणानि (क. भू. धा. वि.)

​Ah words like कृतः।  ​"
कर्मणि भूतकालवाचक धातुसाधित विशेषणानि" is not a traditional name (esp - the dhAtusAdhita part) AFAIK. Replacing धातुसाधित with कृदन्त might make it more recognizable.

how could you name a program - converter of that strings from tranditional notation to european and vise versa?

​Nice idea!​

But how could you name it?
Just morh-notation-converter? Or sa-to-en-morph? ​Unless you're going to name morphological elements within a simple word (suc​h as कृत [धातुः] + क्त [कर्मणि भूते क्तः]) you could go with kaaraka-to-en-morph..

Michael Bykov

Aug 6, 2016, 1:35:10 PM8/6/16
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

I was afraid, there exists some traditional termin for that type of data, and I just do not know about it.

"morh-notation-converter" looks very good for me. Or even "morph-notation" only.

Vishvas /विश्वासः