OCR-ing small files/ few pages with Google Drive.

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

May 12, 2015, 2:14:42 PM5/12/15
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

May 12, 2015, 6:33:42 PM5/12/15
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
​आम् - २०-२५ पृष्ठानि तस्य मितिर् भवति।​

Thanks for sharing, it is great, i tried to convert 673 page pdf file, it converted 22 pages in few mins and that is very impressive. wherever the scan quality is good I got accurate conversion. Very impressive.
I will try various file sizes to see what works best.

धन्यवाद: - राम

Mārcis Gasūns

May 13, 2015, 4:23:39 AM5/13/15

On Wednesday, 13 May 2015 01:00:39 UTC+3, Sita Raama wrote:
Thanks for sharing, it is great, i tried to convert 673 page pdf file, it converted 22 pages in few mins and that is very impressive. wherever the scan quality is good I got accurate conversion. Very impressive.
I will try various file sizes to see what works best.

How good was the output?

सीताराम

May 12, 2015, 6:00:39 PM5/12/15
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing, it is great, i tried to convert 673 page pdf file, it converted 22 pages in few mins and that is very impressive. wherever the scan quality is good I got accurate conversion. Very impressive.
I will try various file sizes to see what works best.

सीताराम

Aug 20, 2015, 9:52:07 AM8/20/15
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
I thought to give it a try with one page PDF and you can see the output, I will give another try by taking a screenshot and with an image.
सत िमयो क िलय 1 आिदरन सहता 1.1.71

1 आिदरन सहता 1.1.71

स का कार सा

पद िवभि ??

समास -NA-

अनवि आिदः १/१ अन ३/१ सह ०/० इता ३/१

अथ सत ??

उदा० ??

अथ िही ??

उदा० ??

raam...@gmail.com 1 Proof Reading Required

Test.pdf

सीताराम

Aug 20, 2015, 10:34:46 AM8/20/15
to sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
and this is the output when I took a screenshot and converted it into PNG format and tried the OCR

संस्कृत प्रेमियो के लिये

1 आदिरन्त्येन सहेता 1.1.71

1 आदिरन्त्येन सहेता 1.1.71

सूत्र का प्रकार । सज्ञा

पद विभक्ति 2?

समास -NA

अनुवृत्ति आदिः */* अन्त्येन ३/* सह् ९/” इता */* अर्थ संस्कृत | ??

उदा० 2?

अर्थ हिन्दी 2?

उदा० 7?

Shreevatsa R

Aug 20, 2015, 10:36:57 AM8/20/15
to sanskrit-programmers
Yes, the OCR in Drive is optimized for scanned books, not modern generated PDFs. That's partly why you got better results with a screenshot (in PNG) rather than the original PDF file itself.

विश्वासो वासुकिजः

Apr 8, 2016, 2:25:18 AM4/8/16
to sanskrit-programmers
From a pair of experiments, I suspect that the page limits are gone now.

मंगलवार, 12 मई 2015 को 3:00:39 अपर UTC-7 को, Sita Raama ने लिखा:
Thanks for sharing, it is great, i tried to convert 673 page pdf file, it converted 22 pages in few mins and that is very impressive. wherever the scan quality is good I got accurate conversion. Very impressive.
I will try various file sizes to see what works best.

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Shree Devi Kumar

Apr 11, 2016, 12:26:55 AM4/11/16
to sanskrit-programmers

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Apr 12, 2016, 1:46:21 AM4/12/16
to sanskrit-programmers
That's wonderful, thanks for letting us know! I'm having setup issues, and have sent a pull request, but will update this thread if I succeed. In the meantime, if someone else cracks this nice util, please let me know!