noun and verb declension tools

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

Jun 2, 2016, 11:15:55 AM6/2/16
to sanskrit-programmers, Sai Susarla, Amba Kulkarni
Answers inline below, but most importantly, once you acquire access to/ create these modules, please be sure to share them online and link here.

This might be a repetition in this list, but I urgently need a piece of software (Python preferred) that does the following:
1) generates all the vibhakti forms of a subanta word, given its praatipadikam
2) given a subanta word, returns its praatipadikam and linga, vachana, vibhakti

​Others in the group might help - certainly there are accurate ​solutions that cover most common forms. smt Amba KulkarNi (cc-ed) might have a ready solution.

3) given a ti~nanta word, returns its lakaara, vachana, purusha
4) given a dhaatu, generates its various forms.

We need it for a Samskrita bharati E-learning program that auto-generates exercises for various lessons.

I am also building a RESTful API-based public service called IndicTools, that provides these functionalities via a programmatic API for everybody to use. I'll wrap up your software with this API. Everything will be open-source.

Please accrue puNya by giving me the above functionality for the society's benefit.
- Sai.