Jatilandhara

P.K.Ramakrishnan

Jul 20, 2014, 6:02:27 PM7/20/14
to samsk...@yahoogroups.com, sams...@googlegroups.com, athr...@gmail.com

namaḥ śivābhyāṃ jaṭilandharābhyāṃ
jarāmṛtibhyāṃ ca vivarjitābhyām |
janārdanābjodbhavapūjitābhyāṃ
namo namaḥ śaṅkarapārvatībhyām || 10 ||

This is one of the compositions of Sankracharaya.

My father who was a Sanskrit scholar asked one of his friends
who was also a Sanskrit scholar whther he had found any mistake
in the compositions of Sankaracharya.  He pointed out one mistake
in the above sloka which is jatilamdhara which should have been jataa-dhara.
But jataa-dhara will not satisfy the syallables required for the verse.

I invite comments from the members of this group.

-----------------------------------
P.K.Ramakrishnan
http://peekayar.blogspot.com

Hnbhat B.R.

Jul 20, 2014, 9:14:19 PM7/20/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 2:55 PM, 'P.K.Ramakrishnan' via samskrita <sams...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

namaḥ śivābhyāṃ jaṭilandharābhyāṃ
jarāmṛtibhyāṃ ca vivarjitābhyām |
janārdanābjodbhavapūjitābhyāṃ
namo namaḥ śaṅkarapārvatībhyām || 10 ||

This is one of the compositions of Sankracharaya.

My father who was a Sanskrit scholar asked one of his friends
who was also a Sanskrit scholar whther he had found any mistake
in the compositions of Sankaracharya.  He pointed out one mistake
in the above sloka which is jatilamdhara which should have been jataa-dhara.
But jataa-dhara will not satisfy the syallables required for the verse.

I invite comments from the members of this group.

This question was asked and replied twice earlier:

Please check the above link for immediately earlier before

With regards