About book on PARSIL - one script for all Indian languages

अभ्यंकरकुलोत्पन्नः श्रीपादः

May 25, 2015, 12:04:01 AM5/25/15
Literacy literally means "being well-versed with letters". Literacy is inherent to almost every other Indian language, as evidenced by the fact that almost every other Indian language has its own script. I am of course omitting dialects, which often do not have a script.

Shri Shreyas Munshi, an accomplished and highly qualified linguist, worked hard to develop PARSIL - one script for all Indian languages.

Since PARSIL is basically phonetic, now, even dialects can also have PARSIL as the script.

His book is now published by Cambridge University press, Hyderabad India.

He shared some extracts and very kindly permitted me to put them on my blog-post at - https://samskrutacharchaa.wordpress.com/2015/05/21/parsil-script-for-all-indian-languages/

Readers can interact with him at his email ID -
shreya...@rediffmail.com

सस्नेहम्
अभ्यंकरकुलोत्पन्नः श्रीपादः ।
"श्रीपतेः पदयुगं स्मरणीयम् ।"

Taff Rivers

May 25, 2015, 11:00:34 PM5/25/15
to sams...@googlegroups.com
SL Abhyankar,

It appears to me that your motive is to promote your own site, rather than having the members in mind.

A genuine community spirited posting would surely provide a direct link, or at least an ISBN.

  I for one, am very interested in such matters, but...

Have you Googled for PARCIL , yourself?

Phonetically, parcil reads as parcel to Google.

Even a specific search of Cambridge University press, Hyderabad India, reveals now't.

  Thanks!

         Eddie

अभ्यंकरकुलोत्पन्नः श्रीपादः

May 26, 2015, 12:09:10 AM5/26/15
to Eddie Hadley, sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Eddie Haddley/ Mr. Taff Rivers,

I am amused by your charge of my wanting to promote my site ! Do I have my site ? What I have is a wordpress-blog. I do not get any pecuniary gains by promoting anything. I am not interested either.

I am not interested in any name or fame either. My interest is only in "knowledge" ज्ञानम् If people call me a scholar or so, I ask myself, "Does that make me a scholar ?" I am fully aware that my knowledge is so very limited. But, yes, I have great yearn for it. So I keep reminding myself "Woods are lovely dark and deep, ... miles to go before I sleep"

If I get to know of something interesting happening in the context of Sanskrit and something, which can be of interest to like-minded people, or something, which would provoke a thought-process, I share it. That is why the this particular blog is for संस्कृतचर्चा. My thinking is not just भद्राः क्रतवो आयन्तु but भद्राः क्रतवो यन्तु विश्वतः

In fact I did appreciate your suggestion, made by you in another message of yours to me, that ISBN, if available should be given. I got it from Mr. Shreyas Munshi and have added it in my post.

Let us keep Mr. Hadley, a healthy outlook, instead of seeing and suspecting non-existent ulterior motives. If भद्राः क्रतवो यन्तु विश्वतःspread of good thoughts will make the world a happier place. Let us do our bit towards that. I appreciate very much such spirit of the people, who started the googlegroup. If not with such spirit, why would one initiate such a group ?

सस्नेहम्
अभ्यंकरकुलोत्पन्नः श्रीपादः ।
"श्रीपतेः पदयुगं स्मरणीयम् ।"

G S S Murthy

May 26, 2015, 6:08:54 AM5/26/15
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Comments against Abhyankarji are not warranted. I support Abhyankarji's opinions in this matter.
Regards
Murthy

Shrivathsa B

May 26, 2015, 9:48:46 AM5/26/15
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH

Taff,

   Even if you succeed in proving that SLA is promoting his blog / site here, how would it benefit you / us? He says that he isn't earning anything from his blog, but one may ask whether it is a sin to earn money while being of benefit to others?

   My humble request to you to be circumspect in your criticism.

Shrivathsa. B.

ajit.gargeshwari

May 27, 2015, 2:07:25 AM5/27/15
to sams...@googlegroups.com
I am in agreement with Abhyankarji may his good work continue and he should not be bothered about comments from people who do nothing tangible for Sanskrit.

Sanju Nath

Jun 7, 2015, 9:12:24 AM6/7/15
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Sri Abhyankar's blog sites seems to me a pure labor of love.  I have learnt a lot and continue to learn a lot.   One of the premier bookmarks for Sanskrit for years for me and others, given the comments there.

Any implication otherwise is unfortunate.

धन्यवाद,
Sanju

Rajam Srinivasan

Jun 7, 2015, 9:14:17 AM6/7/15
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Sir Abhyankar Ji;

For a long time I wanted to write this, but didn't dare:)  Sir, I want to declare myself as the President of your fan club.  (I am sure there is one; if not this missive should be considered as the beginning of it!!!)

I am rather Knowledge-challenged; but addicted to acquire it.  (I am sure at least some in this group are also just like me).  Sir, you are the "well" which supply the likes of me.  Of course, I don't understand everything that is posted -- I am like a pre-nursery kid trying to understand and enjoy rocket science!!  But you and many others in this group provide us the "paamaraas"  a taste of the nector.  Please accept my deeply felt gratitude for everything you do and have done and PLEASE continue -- and don't stop or even reduce whatever your inclinations impel you to do.

What else is there for me to say except ...Namo-Namaha to you.

Regards,

Iyengar

Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 09:39:08 +0530
Subject: Re: [Samskrita] Re: About book on PARSIL - one script for all Indian languages
From: sanskr...@gmail.com
To: eddie...@gmail.com
CC: sams...@googlegroups.com

ken p

Jun 7, 2015, 9:16:21 AM6/7/15
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Mr.Rivers,
Google gave me the same answer.

One may compare BHARATI and  PARSIL with Gujanagari .
BHARATI and PARSIL gets headline in newspapers but not Gujanagari. Why?

https://biotech.iitm.ac.in/web/faculty/CNS_LAB/bharathi_draft2.html

Vowels:
્  ા  િ  ી  ુ  ૂ  ૅ  ે   ૈ  ૉ  ો  ૌ  ં / ં  ઃ ........Matras/Diacritics
ə    ɑ    ɪ   ɪː  ʊ  ʊː  æ   ɛ   əɪ   ɔ   o   əʊ  əm/əəh......IPA
   ā    i   ī    u  ū
   e  i  aw  o   m/ḥ......Gu
jlish(Print media)

a  aa  i   ii   u  uu  ae  e  ai  aw  o   au am /an aḥ.....Gujalish(Type able)
a  a:   i   i:  u  u:   ae  e  ai  aw  o   au am/an  ah
Where
ə/
 /a/Schwa...As in above,other,umber, fir ,her

अ  आ  इ   ई   उ ऊ  ऍ   ए  ऐ   ऑ  ओ औ अं अः.......Devanāgariigari

અ આ  ઇ  ઈ  ઉ ઊ ઍ  એ ઐ  ઑ ઓ ઔ અં અઃ.......Gujanāgarii

क ख ग घ च  छ ज  झ  ट ठ ड ढ ण
ક ખ ગ ઘ ચ  છ જ  ઝ  ટ ઠ ડ ઢ ણ
त  थ द ध  न  प फ ब  भ म य  र ल व
ત થ દ ધ ન  પ ફ બ ભ મ ય ર લ વ
श  स ष ह ळ क्ष ज्ञ
શ સ ષ હ ળ ક્ષ જ્ઞ
क का कि की कु कू कॅ के कै कॉ को कौ  कं कः
ક કા કિ કી   કુ  કૂ  કૅ  કે  કૈ  કૉ કો કૌ   કં    કઃ
....Classical Sanskrit
अ   आ  ओ  औ  ऋ  ॠ  ण    क्ष.........Devanagari
અ  આ ઓ  ઔ  ઋ  ૠ   ઝ   ક્ષ.........Gujanagari

A phonetic (phonemic) alphabet is the only competent alphabet in the world. It can spell and correctly pronounce any word in our language. -Mark Twain

ə fəˈnetɪk (fəˈniːmɪk) ˈælfəˌbet ɪz ðiː ˈoʊnliː ˈkɑmpətənt ˈælfəˌbet ˈɪn ðə ˈwərld. ˈɪt kən ˈspel ənd kəˈrekliː prəˈnæʊns ˈeniː ˈwərd ˈɪn ɑr ˈlæŋgwɪdʒ. -ˈmɑrk ˈtweɪn....IPA

a̩ fa̩netik (fa̩nīmik) ălfa̩bet iz dhī onlī kāmpa̩ta̩nt ălfa̩bet in dha̩ va̩rld. it ka̩n spel a̩nd ka̩rektlī pra̩năuns enī Wa̩rd in ār lăngvij. - Mārk Twein......Guj
a̩lish

અ ફનેટિક્ (ફનીમિક્) ઍલ્ફબેટ્ ઇઝ્ ધી ઓન્લી કામ્પટન્ટ્ ઍલ્ફબેટ્ ઇન્ ધ વર્લ્ડ્. ઇટ્ કન્ સ્પેલ્ અન્ડ્

કરેક્ટલી પ્રનૅઉન્સ્ એની વર્ડ્ ઇન્ આર્ લૅન્ગ્વિજ્. -માર્ક્ ટ્વેઇન્

अ फनेटिक् (फनीमिक्) ऍल्फबेट् इझ् धी ओन्ली काम्पटन्ट् ऍल्फबेट् इन् ध वर्ल्ड्. इट् कन् स्पेल् अन्ड् करेक्टली  प्रनॅउन्स् एनी वर्ड् इन् आर् लॅन्ग्विज्. -मार्क् ट्वेइन्

அ ப²னேடிக் (ப²னீமிக்) எʼல்ப²பே³ட் இஜ்² தீ⁴ ஓன்லீ காம்படன்ட் எʼல்ப²பே³ட் இன் த⁴ வர்ல்ட்³. இட் கன் ஸ்பேல் அன்ட்³ கரேக்டலீ  ப்ரனெʼஉன்ஸ் ஏனீ வர்ட்³ இன் ஆர் லெʼன்க்³விஜ். -மார்க் ட்வேஇன்

అ ఫనేటిక్ (ఫనీమిక్) ఎల్ఫబేట్ ఇఝ్ ధీ ఓన్లీ కాంపటన్ట్ ఎల్ఫబేట్ ఇన్ ధ వర్ల్డ్. ఇట్ కన్ స్పేల్ అన్డ్ కరేక్టలీ  ప్రనెఉన్స్ ఏనీ వర్డ్ ఇన్ ఆర్ లెన్గ్విజ్. -మార్క్ ట్వేఇన్

ಅ ಫನೇಟಿಕ್ (ಫನೀಮಿಕ್) ಎಲ್ಫಬೇಟ್ ಇಝ್ ಧೀ ಓನ್ಲೀ ಕಾಂಪಟನ್ಟ್ ಎಲ್ಫಬೇಟ್ ಇನ್ ಧ ವರ್ಲ್ಡ್. ಇಟ್ ಕನ್ ಸ್ಪೇಲ್ ಅನ್ಡ್ ಕರೇಕ್ಟಲೀ  ಪ್ರನೆಉನ್ಸ್ ಏನೀ ವರ್ಡ್ ಇನ್ ಆರ್ ಲೆನ್ಗ್ವಿಜ್. -ಮಾರ್ಕ್ ಟ್ವೇಇನ್

Phani Kumar

Jun 7, 2015, 9:16:44 AM6/7/15
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Namaste. I have known Sri Abhyankarji for sometime now.He is a selfless evangelist of samskrit.

कालोह्ययं निरवधिः विपुला च पृथ्वी ।