Tradition prayer before Sanskrit study

Vivek Ji

Nov 28, 2017, 9:36:47 PM11/28/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Hari Om,

I know that traditionally there is a prayer before the study of Sanskrit. Generally its, a prayer to Ganesh, Sarasvati & Panini and lineage.

Could someone share in Devanagari in unicode?

Vivek

Nagaraj Paturi

Nov 28, 2017, 11:12:33 PM11/28/17
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )

viveks...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2017, 8:32:53 AM11/30/17
to samskrita
Thanks,

I also found the text on her blog @ http://paninigrammar.blogspot.in/p/0-prayer.html

शुक्लाम्बरधरं विष्णुं शशिवर्णं चतुर्भुजम् ।
प्रसन्नवदनं ध्यायेत् सर्वविघ्नोपशान्तये ॥
śuklāmbaradharaṃ viṣṇuṃ śaśivarṇaṃ caturbhujam |
prasannavadanaṃ dhyāyet sarvavighnopaśāntaye ||

At the beginning of anything, first thing we should remember is the lord Ganesha.
The lord Ganesha is in charge of obstacles. We ask him to remove them in our study.

सरस्वति नमस्तुभ्यं वरदे कामरूपिणि ।
विद्यारम्भं करिष्यामि सिद्धिर्भवतु मे सदा ॥
sarasvati namastubhyaṃ varade kāmarūpiṇi |
vidyārambhaṃ kariṣyāmi siddhirbhavatu me sadā ||

At the beginning of study, we seek grace from the goddess Sarasvati for grace.
May accomplishment be there for me at all time.

येनाक्षरसमाम्नायमधिगम्य महेश्वरात् ।
कृत्स्नं व्याकरणं प्रोक्तं तस्मै पाणिनये नमः॥
yenākṣarasamāmnāyamadhigamya maheśvarāt |
kṛtsnaṃ vyākaraṇaṃ proktaṃ tasmai pāṇinaye namaḥ ||

My salutation to Panini, who taught the entire grammar system
after understanding that Maheshvarasutras given from Shiva himself.

वाक्यकारं वररुचिं भाष्यकारं पतञ्जलिम् ।
पाणिनिं सूत्रकारं च प्रणतोऽस्मि मुनित्रयम् ॥
vākyakāraṃ vararuciṃ bhāṣyakāraṃ patañjalim |
pāṇiniṃ sūtrakāraṃ ca praṇato'smi munitrayam ||

I remain saluting to the three sages;
Panini who created the sutras, Katyayana who wrote the vaartika, and Patanjali who wrote the Mahapashya.