Mahashodhanyasa

sumit girdharwal

Aug 19, 2014, 6:07:40 PM8/19/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear Learned members i was reading the Tripurasundari Mahadhodha Nyasa. I wanted the meaning of ChorKoope चोरकूपे . Please advise which body part it represent to?

Your help is highly needed.

Hnbhat B.R.

Aug 20, 2014, 1:38:09 AM8/20/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 12:59 AM, sumit girdharwal <sumi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Learned members i was reading the Tripurasundari Mahadhodha Nyasa. I wanted the meaning of ChorKoope चोरकूपे . Please advise which body part it represent to?

Please reproduce the relevant text in full  in the Nyasa, than some part. I don't think what you have cited is not any part of the body, as the word is not found in Shabdakalpadruma or VS Apte's English Dictionary. If you are sure, there is no print error, you may have to refer to any commentary available on the text.

Venkata Sriram

Aug 20, 2014, 8:20:42 AM8/20/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

The area between the breasts & armpit.  While doing the nyasa, you should stretch your thumb & index finger and place the same below your left & right armpits.  The nyasa at the right side should be done with your right hand thumb & index finger; the nyasa at the left side should be done with your left hand thumb & index finger.

BTW, one should be extremely careful while doing mahAshODa nyAsa and one should be initiated in mahAshODashi vidya and should undergo tAntrika mahApUrNAbhiSEka.

While performing this nyAsa, the bowels should be clean as one is invoking mAtrka, graha, nakshatra, 64 yoginis onto oneself.

If your curiousity is just for academic purpose, then it is OK.

mahAbhairavIM upAsmahE
sriram

Prabhakara Das

Aug 20, 2014, 8:53:59 AM8/20/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com
सद्योजाताय पश्चिम वक्त्राय नम: इति ? "चोरकूपे " : means the low area of back of head, where we feel a "koopa" (dig"

VRS
prabhakaradas.blogspot.in
pl follow and comment:
http://twitter.com/mbpradas

sumit girdharwal

Aug 20, 2014, 10:19:35 AM8/20/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Actually i am confused in the two answers given above.

sumit girdharwal

Aug 20, 2014, 10:19:42 AM8/20/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com
May i have any book which tells everything about mahadhodhanyasa in hindi or english

Venkata Sriram

Aug 20, 2014, 2:07:35 PM8/20/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

This forms a part of elaborate srichakra navavarana archana vidhAna.  This nyAsa paddhati is given in detail in yogini-hridaya, nityAshODashikArNava tantra, nityOtsava of umAnandanAtha, jnAnArNava tantra, gandharva tantra, parashurAma kalpa sUtra.  Most of these are printed by Chaukhamba.

Some of the nyAsAs vary from sampradAya to sampradAya which again depends upon which guru-parampara one belongs to.  So, it is better to seek a guru who is initiated in srIvidyA AmnAya krama and learn these nyAsAs in detail.

The word "chOrakUpa" comes in "shriSTi-nyAsa paddhati" of shrI-krama upAsana parampara where the mUlavidya is placed on brahmarandhra, phAla, karNa, ghrANapuTa,gaNDa, danta-pankti, Urdhwa & Adhara OSTha, jihvA, chOrakUpa, priSTa, sarvAnga, hridaya, stana-dvaya,udara,linga respectively.

regs,
PVS

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः

Aug 20, 2014, 6:16:04 PM8/20/14
to Samskrita Google Group
I request Sumit to produce the source from which he took the word.
Some works define it as कण्ठाधः ।
As Prabhakara Das said, it is mentioned in mahAShoDhAnyAsa.
But, I was unable to find the same mahAShoDhAnyAsa in nityAShoDashikArNava, etc. as shrIrAma claimed. What is described there is called as ShoDhAnyAsa.
mahAShoDhAnyAsa is present in kulArNava-s that part which is lost - is mentioned in some paddhati-s.
So, the problem persists. You can not even decide that chorakUpa is correct place for nyAsa without tantra-pramANa.
The meaning thing is superficial if you are trying to get the correct place of nyAsa. First, you should decide that the place is according to tantra-s or at least nibandha-s, which are otherwise called paddhati-s. Then we will see what the word means.
If you wish to get some help from original books, which are mainly in Sanskrit, you should hear what H N Bhat requested, and never neglect it.
No one will try to help if one can't even tell us about the source of question!!

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः
www.lalitaalaalitah.com

Venkata Sriram

Aug 21, 2014, 12:21:06 AM8/21/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

Here is the link to nityOtsava of umAnandanAtha.

In the "shriSTinyAsah" (vide page no. 76), it is mentioned.

regs,
PVS

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः

Aug 21, 2014, 5:18:35 AM8/21/14
to Samskrita Google Group
यद्यपि उमानन्दनाथेन संहारवत् सृष्टिन्यासस्यापि ज्ञानार्णवोक्तत्वमुक्तं तथापि ज्ञानार्णवे तावत् संहारन्यास एव दृश्यते , तत्रत्यसृष्टिपदं तु मातृकान्यासक्रमविशेषज्ञापकमेव , न तु सृष्टिक्रमेण विद्यान्यासपरम् । न्यासस्थानानामकथनात् , मातृकान्यासपदस्य सन्निधौ पाठाच्च। यथा हि संहारन्यासे स्थानान्युक्तानि न तथा सृष्टिन्यासस्य ।
कल्पसूत्रनित्याषोशिकार्ण्णवादावपि श्रीविद्यान्यासस्यैकविधस्यैवोपलब्धिः ।
अनुपलब्धग्रन्थेषु किमस्ति किञ्च न इत्यस्यैव निश्चेतुमशक्यत्वात् , न प्रकृतोपकारित्वम् । निबन्धानाञ्च सर्व्वेषां मूलतन्त्रसापेक्षत्वात् यावन्मूललाभमननुष्ठापकत्वम् ।

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः
www.lalitaalaalitah.com

lalitaalaalitah

Aug 21, 2014, 8:32:58 AM8/21/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com
I ask people to provide proof in support of their positions.
Quoting any translation is of not any use here. Please try to provide quotes from koSha or commentaries of tantra.
-----
lalitaalaalitah
www.lalitaalaalitah.com

Venkata Sriram

Aug 22, 2014, 9:23:06 AM8/22/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

Shri.Karapatri Swamin in his couple works like srividya-ratnaakara & srividya-varivasya has taken parashurama kalpa sutra and nityotsava for reference.  Infact, srividya-ratnaakara is the concised edition of nityotsava which was later edited by his chief discple dattatreyanandanatha.

Right now, i don't have those two works of karapatriji with me as i have given it to one of my friends.  Once i get back, would refer.

sriram

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः

Aug 22, 2014, 1:30:47 PM8/22/14
to Samskrita Google Group
करपात्रस्वामिना तु चोरकूपे इत्यनूद्य कण्ठे इतिप्रयोग उक्तः ।
तत एवं लभ्यते यत् श्रीरामप्रभाकराभ्यामुक्तं न तेषां सम्मतम् ।
किञ्च , ब्रह्मरन्ध्रमारभ्याध आगच्छता जिह्वाया अनन्तरं कण्ठे एव न्यासो युक्तो न तु पुनः शिरोऽवयवविशेषे इति प्रभाकरोक्तमपास्तम् ।

किञ्च तेनापि ज्ञानार्ण्णवोक्तत्वं षोडशाक्षरीन्यासत्रयस्योक्तमेव । परं ज्ञानार्ण्णवे न्यासपरे चतुर्द्दशपटले तथा न लब्धास्ते न्यासा मया । संहार एकः परं लभ्यते ।
नित्योत्सवोऽपि तथैव प्रतिपादयन्विसंवादी ।

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः

Pn Ga

Aug 22, 2014, 1:37:46 PM8/22/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Namo NamaH,
The first page of Mahashodhanyasa(Srikrama) from Sri Vidya Ratnakar
of Pujya Karpatri ji where the word'chorkUpe' appears is enclosed for
reference, alongwith the word 'KanThaadhaH' also appears therein.
Pandey
MSN.pdf

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः

Aug 22, 2014, 2:13:36 PM8/22/14
to Samskrita Google Group
करपात्रेण स्वामिना महाषोढादौ चोरकूपस्य कण्ठाध इति अग्रे च सृष्टिन्यासे कण्ठे इत्यनुवादाच्च ज्ञायते यत् तेषामपि निश्चयो नासीदस्मिन्विषये । नित्योत्सवकारादयस्तु चोरकूपे इतिलिखित्वोपरताः ।
अत एव प्रभाकरेण चोरकूपस्य शिरोऽवयवविशेषोऽर्थः श्रीरामेण बाहुगह्वरस्तनयोर्मध्यदेश इति यदुक्तं तस्य किं मूलम् इति प्रष्टव्यम् ।

इतोऽपि यथा मयोक्तं प्राक् - सृष्टिक्रमेण न्यासो नोपलभ्यते ज्ञानार्ण्णवादौ इति मूलतन्त्रानुसन्धानमपि कर्त्तव्यम् । निबन्धादिषु श्रद्धया जडेन न भाव्यमस्माभिः ।

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः

Rajam Srinivasan

Aug 23, 2014, 2:12:58 AM8/23/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Shri  Pandeyji;

Thank you for this first page.  It is wonderful:))

Is there any work which is a compilation of different "nyaasaas?"

Regards,

> Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 21:55:31 +0530
> Subject: Re: [Samskrita] Re: Mahashodhanyasa
> From: gspn...@gmail.com
> To: sams...@googlegroups.com

Pn Ga

Aug 24, 2014, 12:52:10 PM8/24/14
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Namasthe Sri Rajamji,
The Ist page of the work which I have attached with my mail is from
"Srividya Ratnaakara".As the name suggests the book contains a lot
about SV worship.
I understand that you wish to know about SV Nyaasaas only though there
are different nyaasaas for different deities.
I am attaching it's title page and some pages of index so that you can
know if it is the work you are seeking as well as availability of the
book.The book was first published in 1972 and its revised edition has
been published in 2012 where most of the printing and other errors
have been rectified.You can have the book from the publisher image of
which is also attached.
If you wish to know about the importance of Mahashodhanyaasa please
read about Sri Bhaskara Rai Makhin's life the great SV upaasaka.Many
of the learned scholars in this forum have also hinted about the
nyaasa in the foregoing discussion as well as about various books to
be referred.
Jai Sri lalithe
Pandey
Sri-Vidya Ratnakar.pdf
Sri-Vidya Ratnakar VishyanukramaNikaa.pdf
Publisher.pdf

roydeba...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2016, 9:08:17 PM2/13/16
to samskrita
Namste Vidwajan .

Narmade Har

Can you all please help me with the risyadinyas of Mahasoranyas of Dakshina kali . Please help  also can you help with any fact aboui srimad nirvan dakshina kali . I have heard it from many srividya upasakas but all deny to explain the fact telling its " gupta " .

Regards
Debabrata