Upakarma/Gayatri Japa - Rare Savitri Ashtottaram

K.N.RAMESH

Aug 7, 2014, 8:41:34 AM8/7/14
Courtesy: Sri.K.Muralidharan Iyengar

Dear All,

Greetings and Namaste. I did not expect to do two postings for the same event but it just so happened. When I had made a plea about Savitri Ashtottaram and Sahasranama in my previous mail last week, one member in my Distribution List pointed me to a posting of Savitri Ashtottaram in a blog and another two offered to visit Adyar Library shortly to find out whether they can secure a copy of Savitri Ashtottaram/Sahasranamam. Words fail me to express my gratitude for their magnanimity - let me simply say, Thank You!

I am attaching the Savitri Ashtottaram after recodification/reformatting for everyone's use. There is no reference to the source of this hymn but I presume this is the same as the one available in Adyar Library. The brief Phalashruti mentions that one who chants this gets all desires fulfilled.

The attached Savitri Ashtottaram is somewhat similar to the 128 names of Gayatri which appear at the end of Gayatri/Savitri Panjara stotram which I had shared two years ago (not exactly same but very similar).

Perhaps I should get started on Version 2 of the Gayatri book and prayers to Mata Gayatri for the successful completion of the same.

Sri Savitri Ashtottaram - MAL.pdf
Sri Savitri Ashtottaram - KAN.pdf
Sri Savitri Ashtottaram - TEL.pdf
Sri Savitri Ashtottaram - TAM.pdf