आख्यातचन्द्रिका-(प्रकीर्णक-वर्गपर्यन्तम्)

Usha Sanka

Nov 27, 2014, 9:01:53 AM11/27/14
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com, sams...@googlegroups.com, sanskrit-acade...@googlegroups.com, sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com

Namaste

Here is presented before you the digitized version of the dhAtukoSa, named AkhyAta-candrikA, as promised.

Digitization of AkhyAta-candrikA- Based on

  • pUrNimA vyAkhyA (Dr. V.R.Manoj), - Book not digitized, but in print. Published by Chinfo, Ernakulam, Kerala.

श्रीभट्टमल्लविरचिता आख्यातचन्द्रिका, क्रिया कोशः,
Purnima of V.R.Manoj,
Chinmaya International Foundation Shodha Sansthan, Ernakulam, Kerala,
2011
  • Chowkhamba’s 1997 edition -

आख्यातचन्द्रिका (श्रीभट्टमल्लविरचितः क्रियाकोशः);
सम्पा.- वेङ्कटरङ्गनाथस्वामी,
संशो.- हरगोविन्दमिश्रः;
चौखम्बा संस्कृतसीरीज आफिस, वाराणसी
१९९७

Here are links provided, for same book scanned, previously by HNBhat sir.

Here is one आख्यातचन्द्रिका by भट्टमल्ल a thesaurus for verbs in Sanskrit compiled on the same line of अमरकोश for nouns. Here also it is arranged into semantic classes arranged in a certain order. There are some others also, like धातुरत्नावली, धातुरत्नप्रदीपः of मैत्रेयरक्षित etc. but they are focussed on their conjugation in groups.
I can share a scanned copy of the above आख्यातचन्द्रिका. -
Link No.1
http://www.4shared.com/document/ttboaM5w/AlhyataCandrika_of_Bhattamalla.html
Link No.2
http://www.mediafire.com/?3l6q48se4j6475m
Two different links for download are provided for your convenience.

Please find the digitized file attached (with comments of problems faced and doubts remaining in the docx file itself.)

(Same is made as a google doc. for everyone's convenience to comment. Link given below) Font used is Sanskrit 2003. (attached)

An introduction about the text. AkhyAta-candrikA-

Published by Chowkhamba Varanasi, 1997-

written by BhaTTamalla-

Edited by- Pt. Hara govinda Mishra.

This is a very useful book on dhAtu-rUpas - a dhAtu kosha called- "AkhyAta candrikA" which enlists all dhAtu-forms according to meaning.

I am giving link of an e-copy to you which I had prepared for my personal use. (If you already know about the text, please ignore.)

But then, please see it and suggest me if the way I am following is right or I can make it better.

It is in 3 kAnDas- each again divided into vargas.

1st kANDaH- 1. bhAva-vikAra-vargaH, 2. buddhi-vargaH 3. antaHkaraNa-vargaH. 4. vAkkriyA-vargaH 5. dhvani-kriyA-vargaH.

2nd kANdaH- 1. manuShya-chEShTA-vargaH 2. brahma-chEShTA-vargaH 3. kShatriya-chEShTA-vargaH 4. vaiShya-chEShTA-vargaH 5. SUdra-chEShTA-vargaH.

3rd kANDaH- 1. prakIrNaka-vargaH 2. sanAdyanta-vargaH 3. nAnArtha-vargaH 4. Atmane-parasmai pada varga.

A meaning is given in saptamI-vibhakti and under that all dhAtu-rUpas (AkhyAtas) are enlisted in tiG forms. Eg. अस्ति, भवति, करोति etc.

Some are also along with upasarga, nipAtA-pUrvaka, Nic-sahita- kaNDvAdi gana, kyac-sahita etc.

Digitization plan-

All saptamI-vibhakti-artha words are taken out and made as heading- and AkhyAtas that are mentioned as a shloka are given as list.

Eg. In the book it is thus given- (underlined is the artha, of AkhyAta in saptamI)

The same becomes this in file-

1.1.1. सत्तायाम्

1.    अस्ति

2.    भवति

3.    विद्यते

1.1.2. जन्मनि

1.    उत्पद्यते

2.    जायते

3.    प्ररोहति

4.    उद्भवति

(please see image attachment and docx file for detailed look.)

In File till now-

I have typed it according to the division given in the book.

I also gave an index of all the meanings in the beginning.

I have omitted- part later than- 3.2 (Third kANDa -sanAdyanta). (because it could not be handled, and one of my Samskrt brothers accepted to do it in future) Because it is a different arrangement and almost all dhAtus are complete by here.

Future plans-

If we could give hyperlinks to the meanings- then we can

1. know all dhAtus giving that particular meanings.

2. Know a particular dhAtu and its meaning.

3. know what upasargas can be used with which dhAtu to give which meaning etc.

And much more.

If English equivalents are added, then we can make it a searchable file also.

It can be developed as a very good tool.

I have added comments where- I did not understand the exact dhAtu, and where there is a mistake possibly in the text and other necessary instances. (My close friend, a Samskrt sister helped me in that. Thanks to her.)

Please let me know about any errors (which would have remained in spite of thorough checking several times) through mail or on this document. Also welcome for your feed-back and valuable suggestions. Excuse me for any short comings still left.

(I will come back on this after some time.)

Link of the google doc. is as below. (Anyone with the link can comment.)

Thankyou in advance.
-इत्थं विनीता
उषा

--
"-यद्गत्वा न निवर्तन्ते तद्धाम परमं मम"
AkhyataChandrika.docx

Usha Sanka

Nov 27, 2014, 9:58:14 AM11/27/14
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com, sams...@googlegroups.com, sanskrit-acade...@googlegroups.com, sanskrit-p...@googlegroups.com
One mistake right in the first line in the docx. file-
मातरं भवानीं माहेश्वरीं नमः > मातरं भवानीं माहेश्वरीं नमामि
It is not a line in the book. So not related to mUlaM. Please ignore.

--
निराशीर्निर्ममो भूत्वा युध्यस्व विगतज्वरः।। (भ.गी.)
---