Good News for Sanskrit Lovers

Manish Modi

Aug 7, 2014, 11:10:44 AM8/7/14

|| ॐ ह्रीं श्री मुनिसुव्रताय नमः ||

|| Auṃ Hrīṃ Śrī Munisuvratāya Namaḥ ||

Jay Jinendra

Good News for Sanskrit Lovers!

http://www.navelgazing.net/2014/08/good-news-for-sanskrit-lovers.html

As a lover of Dharma, Sanskriti and Bhasha, I am always enthused on seeing new approaches and new books for learning/teaching Sanskrit. I am a very, very junior beginner level entrant in the world of Sanskrit who was lucky enough to learn under a guru. But for those of you who are less fortunate, here is a selection of books that you could use to learn Sanskrit on your own.

1. संस्कृत स्वाध्यायः

SANSKRIT SVADHYAYA

Teach Yourself Sanskrit

Set of 12 books

2013     22 x 14 cm     3635 pages

Rs.  1330 for the set

USP Perfect for those who wish to study Sanskrit on their own. This is the best organised  set of books for learning Sanskrit that I have come across in the past decade.

http://www.navelgazing.net/2013/11/sanskrit-svadhyaya-teach-yourself.html

2. देववाणीप्रवेशिका

DEVAVANIPRAVESHIKA

An Introduction to the Sanskrit Language

By Robert P Goldman & Sally J Sutherland Goldman

2011     22 x 14 cm     539 pages

Paperback     Rs. 500

USP Ideal for those who would like to learn Sanskrit through the medium of English

3. संस्कृत स्वयं-शिक्षक

SANSKRIT SVAYAM-SHIKSHAK

By Shripad Damodar Satavalekar

2013     18 x 12 cm     364 pages

Paperback     Rs. 125

USP Ideal for those who would like to learn Sanskrit through the medium of Hindi

4. संस्कृत वाणी

SANSKRIT VANI

By Umashankar Sharma ‘Rishi’, HD Vijayshri & S Bolar

Set of 6 books

2000     24 x 18 cm     421 pages

Paperback     Rs. 498 for the set

USP Designed keeping school students in mind. First three books have English as well as Hindi. From the fourth level onward, everything is in Sanskrit with some Hindi

_____

We stock some wonderful dictionaries as well, for those of you who would like to purchase Sanskrit dictionaries. I will be happy to provide the details to you.

We are proud to stock all these books. The promotion of ancient Indian languages is central to our ambition of promoting India and Indianness. We ship books all over the world. We accept payments through Money Order and Demand Draft, Visa and Mastercard, NEFT and SWIFT.

Here is a complete list of our own publications:

http://www.navelgazing.net/2013/03/a-list-of-our-publications_19.html

Best regards,

Manish Yashodhar Modi

हिन्दी ग्रन्थ कार्यालय

१९१२ से धर्म, संस्कृति तथा साहित्य की सेवा में

HINDI GRANTH KARYALAY

Publishers Since 1912

9 Hirabaug  CP Tank

Mumbai 400004 भारत INDIA