श्रीविद्यार्णवतन्त्रम् SHRI VIDYARNAVA TANTRA Ocean of Mnemonic Formulae for Attaining Union with the Supreme Soul By Yati Vidyaranya

Manish Modi

Jan 14, 2015, 11:51:00 PM1/14/15
to Googlegroup Sanskrit

|| ॐ ह्रीं श्री पार्श्वनाथाय नमः ||

|| Auṃ Hrīṃ Śrī Pārśvanāthāya Namaḥ ||

Jay Jinendra

श्रीविद्यार्णवतन्त्रम्

SHRI VIDYARNAVA TANTRA

Ocean of Mnemonic Formulae  for Attaining Union with the Supreme Soul

By Yati Vidyaranya

Sanskrit text + Hindi translation + Hindi commentary

Hindi translation and commentary by Kapil Dev Narayan

Set of 5 books

2012     25 x 19 cm     2208 pages

Deluxe Hardcover Edition     Rs. 7500    [5 kilos]

http://www.navelgazing.net/2015/01/shri-vidyarnava-tantra-ocean-of.html

Each religion focuses on two benefits - shreya {spiritual upliftment} and preya {temporal well-being}. The Vedic religion is no exception to this. Certain forms of Upanishadic  belief holds that spiritual uplift may only be achieved by attaining oneness with the supreme soul. This oneness may be attained either with the nirguna {without epithets} or the saguna {with virtues} manifestations of the supreme deity.

Since the nirguna manifestation is extremely difficult to conceive, the saguna form is worshiped in the path of Tantra-shastra or the Agamas. Whereas the Agamas worship the male aspect of the supreme deity (Shiva), the Tantras worship both aspects - the male (Shiva) and the female (Shakti).

The female godhead is known as the Maha-Tripura-Sundari {Exalted Mistress of the Three Worlds}. She is seen as the female counterpart of the male trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesha. She is said to be personified by three goddesses - Maha-Sarasvati, Maha-Lakshmi, Maha-Kali.

The present work is a collection of texts that deal with the worship of Maha-Tripura-Sundari. Each verse is presented in Sanskrit with an accurate Hindi translation and appropriate explanation in Hindi. A 92 page introduction serves as a complete guide to Tantra-shastra.

This work is a tour-de-force. The original text is a classic work by the medieval seer, Yati Vidyaranya. And the Hindi translation is excellent. The book is impeccably produced and would grace the most prestigious bookshelves. We are proud to sell this beautifully printed and bound set of books.

At Hindi Granth Karyalay, we have been delighting readers since 1912. We are committed to make the best writings on Jainism and Indology available across the world. Which is why, besides our own publications, we stock and sell books from all the major Indological and Hindi publishers of India. We carry a large number of publications, of direct interest to students of Indology, Jainism, Hinduism and Buddhism. We carry books in Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Prakrit, Apabhramsha, Gujarati, Urdu, Kannada and Marathi.

We have also begun to stock books on other subjects, like sports, graphic novels, popular English novels, etc. The idea is to be a one stop bookstore that caters to different tastes.

FAQs

1. We dispatch books after receiving the payment.

2. How to pay us:

We accept payments through Money Order and Demand Draft, Visa and MasterCard, NEFT and SWIFT. Else, if you live in India, you could simply deposit the money at any branch of Bank of India.

3. Shipping:

We ship books all over the world.

4. A complete list of our own publications:

http://www.navelgazing.net/2013/03/a-list-of-our-publications_19.html

5. How to reach us:

http://www.navelgazing.net/2013/04/directions-how-to-reach-hindi-granth.html

Best regards,

Manish Yashodhar Modi

हिन्दी ग्रन्थ कार्यालय

१९१२ से धर्म, संस्कृति तथा साहित्य की सेवा में

HINDI GRANTH KARYALAY

Serving Religion, Culture and Literature Since 1912

9 Hirabaug  CP Tank

Mumbai 400004

भारत

Telephones