Can one get Enlightenment without reading any Sanskrit texts?

ken p

Jul 22, 2017, 10:09:05 PM7/22/17
to samskrita

Hear what sadhguru says. Video Time 18:24 and on

Ancient Wisdom in Modern Times

Nagaraj Paturi

Jul 22, 2017, 11:21:19 PM7/22/17
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
Many great Bhaktas, Yogis etc. did not read any Sanskrit texts, knew only one of the regional languages of India, but are worshipped as enlightened.

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )

Manish Modi

Jul 23, 2017, 1:11:39 AM7/23/17
to samskrita
Any text is the crystallisation of the experience and insight of the ancient seers.

As you know, there are two entities. Sva-tattva {self} and para-tattva {external entities}. All others, even the Deva - Shastra - Guru, are para tattva from the perspective of the soul. One has to experience self-realisation on one's own.

Texts illumine the path. But one has to walk the path oneself. No one else can walk the path for you.

It helps the saadhaka to have read the ancient texts. But all knowledge is present within the soul. One has to unlock it through sadhana and dhyana and the internalisation of consciousness. Once attachment is uprooted, the innate omniscience of the soul manifests itself.

Ken, I hope I have answered your question.

Manish

Sanathana Vedham

Aug 23, 2017, 9:43:31 AM8/23/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
I remember one सुभाषितानि related to this discussion.

आचार्यात् पादमादत्ते पादं शिष्यः स्वमेधया ।
सब्रह्मचारिभ्यः पादं पादं कालक्रमेण च ॥

one fourth from the teacher, one fourth from own intelligence,
one fourth from classmates, and one fourth only with time.

AchAryAt pAdamAdatte, pAdam shiShyaH swamedhayA |
sa-brahmachAribhyaH pAdam, pAdam kAlakrameNa cha ||