English to Sanskrit translator

Raji Ranganathan

Sep 15, 2016, 2:11:37 PM9/15/16
to samskrita
Hi

Is there a tool that can help me with English sentences translation to Sanskrit and vice versa
I am trying out few exercises for exams that don't have the answers I can verify against.
Please help if any available

Thanks
Raji

ken p

Sep 15, 2016, 3:37:17 PM9/15/16
to samskrita
Sanskrit propagators have failed to suggest to google translate !

Taff Rivers

Sep 15, 2016, 6:18:49 PM9/15/16
to samskrita, Eddie Hadley
Raji,

   There are no tools that can do your homework for you.

   At best, they can only offer suggestions.

  They may well be perfectly correct grammatically, yet make absolutely no sense otherwise. Even those that take into consideration known and most commonly found word clusters etc.,may miss the mark completely.

The best 'tools' are bi-lingual dictionaries. Surely your exercise provider, also provided the vocabulary and grammar to go with them?

What particular language skills are you exercising?
There are many bi-lingual English-Sanskrit text books and tutorials available on-line to suit all skill levels.

I'm sure the learned ones here will help you out with your homework, and verify it, but not do it for you.

  Taff

Bhaskar Joshi

Sep 16, 2016, 11:34:51 AM9/16/16
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Raji ji,

Off the cuff accurate translation better not be envisaged. It is an exercise in futility.

To quote you what one may end up with machine translations is :

A friend once said to another friend, "The spirit is high but the flesh is weak."  { It is a quote from bible Matthew 26:41 }
What he intended was that he was mentally agile to carry out certain work but the body was tired.
This sentence was machine translated into Russian language and back into English and the answer was : " The Vodka is excellent but the meat is rotten."
So please be careful.

Jay ShreeKrushna

Bhaskar Joshi

M (MUM) : 91 982 006 7376
M (USA)  :   1 209 330 3213

Raji Ranganathan

Sep 16, 2016, 11:52:07 AM9/16/16
to samskrita
Thanks all. I am working out exercises which don't have answers and would like to ascertain I am not wrong.

Joshi ji, as you said when using Sanskrit we need to be careful else the meaning completely changes. Since I am a beginner wanted someone to validate what I am working out. Looking for an online tutor, just a little curious until then:)