Re: Welcoming dAmodara + telugu dict + zim format

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki)

May 4, 2016, 1:03:07 PM5/4/16
to damodarreddy challa, sanskrit-programmers, संस्कृतसन्देशश्रेणिः samskrta-yUthaH
Duh - It looks like I had forgotten to add +sanskrit-programmers, +samskrita

Several sanskrit (kannada and telutu) websites are available for offline use! Links here - https://sites.google.com/site/sanskritcode/richer-sam-content/1-offline-web

+bcc: nandu who introduced us.

​namaste friends!

It is ​my immense pleasure to introduce dAmodara. Thanks to his first contribution ( https://github.com/sanskrit-coders/stardict-telugu/tree/master/te-head/janapada ), we'll soon be able to distribute telugu dictionaries as well. He's going to be working on several other long awaited dicts.

​Also, please see his note on the zim format! Never new about this! How wonderful. Just like people were wasting time making special dictionary apps before Ajita showed us stardict format, ​this shows us how to deliver offline texts to a variety of devices without wasting one's time writing special apps (we see proliferating).

oh, thanks for pointing that. I seem forgot to run script for pavarga. Now those extras also removed, and pushed to github group.

Regarding ramayana, i too think stardict format is not ideal for ramayana. and so no use. so i will stick to zim format( http://www.openzim.org/wiki/Main_Page)
for these type of books,which is compressed single file of html pages. thus formatting, java scripts, navigation links to next shlokas, sargas, images ,searching,everything . So for any offline contents it is just extrordinary format.And all platforms have zim client called kiwix.  http://www.kiwix.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Main_Page   .

Vishvas /विश्वासः

Vishvas /विश्वासः