Request help -- saptpadi in Sanskrit

V Sunderam

May 5, 2017, 9:28:34 AM5/5/17
to samskrita
Greetings

I am requesting someone to please help me -- I would like to have the 7 pheras in Sanskrit please? Attached is an image, does anyone know how to have the script in a Word doc? Many thanks for any help!

Sunderam
seven-pheras.jpg

ken p

May 5, 2017, 11:39:20 AM5/5/17
to samskrita

KN.Ramesh

Jul 20, 2017, 11:54:20 AM7/20/17
to samskrita

From Groom to Bride :
ॐ एकमिशे  विष्णु: त्वा नयतु । सा माम अनुमृता भव।  - Be my Home's Annapurna.
ॐ द्वे उर्जे विष्णु: त्वा नयतु । सा माम अनुमृता भव।  - Make all family members powerful.

ॐ त्रीणि राय्स्पोशाय विष्णु: त्वा नयतु । सा माम अनुमृता भव।  - Be Wealth increaser.
ॐ चत्वारि मायोभवाय  विष्णु: त्वा नयतु । सा माम अनुमृता भव।  - Make our home cheerful.

ॐ पञ्च पशुभ्यो विष्णु: त्वा नयतु । सा माम अनुमृता भव।  - Your presence makes our animals protected.

ॐ षड रुतुभ्यों विष्णु: त्वा नयतु । सा माम अनुमृता भव।  - In all seasons, our married life remain cheerful.
ॐ सखे सप्तपदा भव । सा माम अनुमृता भव।  विष्णु: त्वा नयतु ।

G S S Murthy

Jul 20, 2017, 8:42:18 PM7/20/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Is a word by word translation available? Thanks and regards,
Murthy

Nagaraj Paturi

Jul 20, 2017, 9:43:28 PM7/20/17
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
There seem to be language errors in the text.

But since only the third column in the first six rows is changing, the translator seems to be not translating word by word for every line.

एकं

इशे

विष्णुत्वा नयतु

सा माम अनुमृता भव

द्वे

ऊर्जे

विष्णुत्वा नयतु

सा माम अनुमृता भव

त्रीणि

रास्पोशाय

विष्णुत्वा नयतु

सा माम अनुमृता भव

चत्वारि

मयोभवाय

विष्णुत्वा नयतु

सा माम अनुमृता भव

पंच

पशुभ्यो

विष्णुत्वा नयतु

सा माम अनुमृता भव

षट्

ऋतुभ्यो

विष्णुत्वा नयतु

सा माम अनुमृता भव

  सखे सप्तपदा भव  सा माम अनुमृता भव।  विष्णुत्वा नयतु

--
Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )

Nagaraj Paturi

Jul 20, 2017, 9:49:30 PM7/20/17
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
Third third column seems to be रायस्पोषाय

Nagaraj Paturi

Jul 20, 2017, 10:10:39 PM7/20/17
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
The 5th and the last column seems to be  सामामनुव्रता भव! saamaam + anuvrataa + bhava

G S S Murthy

Jul 21, 2017, 2:17:08 AM7/21/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks Nagarajji for the trouble you have taken in writing it as a Table. My knowledge of vedic Sanskrit is bordering on zero and that is the problem. I understand the middle sentence.विष्णुत्वा नयतु= May Vishnu lead you. इशे=? (probably Chaturthi vibhakti) and सा माम अनुमृता भव=? माम=?,अनुमृता=?
Thanks and regards,
Murthy

hnbhat

Jul 21, 2017, 5:28:23 AM7/21/17
to samskrita@googlegroups com

On 21 July 2017, at 11:47, G S S Murthy <murt...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Many thanks Nagarajji for the trouble you have taken in writing it as a Table. My knowledge of vedic Sanskrit is bordering on zero and that is the problem. I understand the middle sentence.विष्णु: त्वा नयतु= May Vishnu lead you. इशे=? (probably Chaturthi vibhakti) and सा माम अनुमृता भव=? माम=?,अनुमृता=?

The first line itself is

-ऊं इष एकपदी भव सा मामनुव्रता भव
विष्णुस्त्वानयतु पुत्रान् विन्दावहै बहूंस्ते संतु जरदष्टय: ।। 1।।

The seven mantras and their meaning in Hindi add given in the link:

http://gadegaonlia-gyanlakshayngo.blogspot.in/2015/09/blog-post_6.html

The others are confusing. Iam not sure in this also the translation is word to word and perfectly correct.

There are more than one versions.

Here it is strange मामनुव्रता  could be मामनुवृता  or  मामनुसृता correct. It is funny that has become corrupt मामनुमृता भव!!! in some and in our thread माम अनुमृता भव !!!

hnbhat

Jul 21, 2017, 5:31:22 AM7/21/17
to samskrita@googlegroups com

These mantras were discussed in our group in the following thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/samskrita/8Hv-H-KScAo

Nagaraj Paturi

Jul 21, 2017, 5:56:10 AM7/21/17
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
I already mentioned that anumritaa is an apapaaTha. anuvrataa is the correct paaTha.

On Jul 21, 2017 3:01 PM, "hnbhat" <hnbh...@gmail.com> wrote:

These mantras were discussed in our group in the following thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/samskrita/8Hv-H-KScAo

G S S Murthy

Jul 21, 2017, 7:45:44 AM7/21/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Many many thanks, Dr.Bhat and Dr.Nagaraj. I have gone through the references given and they clarify much.
Regards,
Murthy

KN.Ramesh

Jul 22, 2017, 10:08:07 PM7/22/17
to samskrita

KN.Ramesh

Jul 22, 2017, 10:08:07 PM7/22/17
to samskrita
ईशे - be master, own, possess, reign, rule (gen. or acc.); dispose of, claim at (gen.); have power or be able to (inf. in तुम् or तोस्, loc., or acc.).
But इशे .....???
माम - (fr. मम lit., ‘belonging to mine’) dear friend
अनुमृता - the woman who burns with a part of her husband's dress

Nagaraj Paturi

Jul 22, 2017, 11:15:06 PM7/22/17
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
What is all this , Sri K N Ramesh-ji?

माम can not be dear friend.  माम्  is accusative of अहं ।

What is सा then? How can प्रथम पुरुष सा go with vidhi भव ?

hnbhat

Jul 23, 2017, 2:23:48 AM7/23/17

On 23 July 2017, at 07:38, "KN.Ramesh" <knra...@gmail.com> wrote:

>ईशे - be master, own, possess, reign, rule (gen. or acc.); dispose of, claim at (gen.); have power or be able to (inf. in तुम् or तोस्, loc., or acc.).
>
>But इशे .....???

You have totally produced incorrect words and try to comment them as you like without looking the correct words provided in replies. You do not read the replies before you post your questions?

I have given the correct word as इषे  and not इशे as you have given. And still you are asking what is इशे

>माम - (fr. मम lit., ‘belonging to mine’) dear friend

How did you get the above explanation? I have given  मामनुव्रता in my reply where you stick to your own explanation of your own wrong reading!

>अनुमृता - the woman who burns with a part of her husband's dress

Why the groom request the bride to die burning herself on the day of their marriage itself?

K.N.RAMESH

Jul 24, 2017, 8:49:48 AM7/24/17
to samskrita
Extremely sorry Respected Nagaraj ji...

All these were the meanings from the sanskrit dictionary here:

KN.Ramesh

Jul 24, 2017, 8:49:48 AM7/24/17
to samskrita
Respected Prof.Dr.HN.Bhat ji,

My sincere apologies first...

The chronological sequence of happening is this:

1) I posted the above reply before your replies.
But my replies needs to be moderated & approved by the moderator and do not appear immediately.
I swear when I typed my reply your replies were not there.

2) I saw Prof. Dr.Nagaraj sir & your replies afterwards.

3) I wondered why my reply has not yet come. Internally, I was thanking the moderator for not approving my reply, as by reading your replies I understood mine are completely absurd.

4) My happiness is short-lived, when my reply is published here.

5) Thanks for taking pain and correcting my reply.

6) Regret for the inconvenience.

7) The correct one with swaras is here:

8) They very well match with what you & other scholars have said.

dhanyavaadaah

Anilkumar Veppatangudi

Jul 25, 2017, 10:39:12 AM7/25/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
There are differences in Saptapadi as depicted in the various Grihya Sutras of the four vedas.
Attached file showing the details.
VivahaSaptapadi.docx
VivahaSaptapadi.pdf