​ABHIDHANA RAJENDRA KOSHA

Manish Modi

Aug 28, 2016, 1:08:20 AM8/28/16
to Googlegroup Sanskrit

ॐ ह्रीं श्रीपार्श्वनाथाय नमः

Auṃ Hrīṃ ŚrīPārśvanāthāya Namaḥ

Jay Jinendra

अभिधान राजेन्द्र कोश

प्राकृत - संस्कृत - हिन्दी कोश

आचार्य राजेन्द्रसूरि द्वारा रचित 'अभिधान राजेन्द्र कोश' का हिन्दी अनुवाद

हिन्दी अनुवाद - डॉ. उदय चन्द्र जैन

​​
ABHIDHANA RAJENDRA KOSHA

Prakrit - Sanskrit - Hindi Dictionary

A Hindi translation of Acarya Rajendrasuri's 'Abhidhana Rajendra Kosha'

Hindi translation by Dr Udaya Chandra Jain

Set of 3 books

2015     24 x 18 cm     1541 pages      [3.5 kilos]

Hardcover     Rs. 6000

http://www.navelgazing.net/2015/05/abhidhana-rajendra-kosha-hindi.html

The Original Work

‘Abhidhana Rajendra Kosha’ merits recognition as the 20th century’s finest encyclopedic work on Jainism. For generations of scholars, it remains the go-to encyclopedia on Jainism.

A result of the Herculean efforts of Acarya Rajendrasuri, it is a magnificent repository of citations sourced from the widest possible selection of Jain texts belonging to both, the Digambara as well as the Shvetambara traditions. It is a gigantic set of seven volumes, each running into thousands of pages. It covers a substantial selection of Prakrit terms, each explained in Sanskrit using several citations in Prakrit and Sanskrit taken from various Jain texts. It is a phenomenal achievement and deserves great encomia.

The Present Work

Unfortunately, the ‘Abhidhana Rajendra Kosha’ remains inaccessible to those who do not know Prakrit and Sanskrit. The present work is a faithful Hindi translation of the original work with the original citations removed for reasons of brevity. The result is a compact, handy dictionary of three volumes which gives the Sanskrit meaning and Hindi explanation of each Prakrit term.

The unique features of this dictionary are:

  • Prakrit/Sanskrit synonyms are provided wherever possible

  • The Hindi explanation provides the literal meaning of the Prakrit word, a Hindi translation of its Prakrit and Sanskrit definitions, the etymological roots of the Prakrit word and an analysis of its meaning

  • Linguistic details such as gender, tense, verb/noun/adjective have been provided for each Prakrit term

  • Cross references to the original Abhidhana Rajendra Kosha have been provided in many cases

  • References to citations from other Jain texts are given in some cases

We recommend this fine dictionary as a must have for any student of Ancient Indian Languages.

At Hindi Granth Karyalay, the oldest bookstore in Mumbai, we have been delighting readers since 24 September, 1912. We are committed to making  the best writings on Jainism, Hinduism, Buddhism and South Asian Studies available to readers all over the world. In addition to our own publications, we stock and sell books from all the major publishers in India.

We  stock thousands of books on various topics such as religion, philosophy, Indology, literature, popular English novels, poetry, drama , art, self-help, yoga, children’s literature, ayurveda, music, cinema and sports. We wish to be a one-stop bookstore that caters to different tastes.

We sell books in Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Prakrit, Pali, Apabhramsha, Urdu, Gujarati, Marathi and Kannada.

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

1. We dispatch books after receiving payment.

2. Payment Options

In India

Cash

IMPS (Immediate Payment Service)

NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer)

Visa, MasterCard

Money Order

Demand Draft, Cheque

Paytm (to 9820896128)

Internationally

Visa, MasterCard

SWIFT

3. Shipping

In India

FedEx Economy, surface mail or surface transport

Internationally

FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc.

4. A list of our publications

http://www.navelgazing.net/2013/03/a-list-of-our-publications_19.html

5. Directions: How to reach us

http://www.navelgazing.net/2013/04/directions-how-to-reach-hindi-granth.html

Best regards,

Manish Yashodhar Modi

हिन्दी ग्रन्थ कार्यालय

१९१२ से धर्म, संस्कृति तथा साहित्य की सेवा में

HINDI GRANTH KARYALAY

Serving Religion, Culture and Literature Since 1912

9 Hirabaug

CP Tank

Mumbai 400004

भारत